Flat screen tv need to buy - help!

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, February 10, 2008, 01:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DickyRock

Richer sounds in Smithfield

make sure you always price check some else - Richer Sounds tried to sell me an old panasonic plasma model last year, giving it all in regards to how it was 'so' good. checked on currys and could get the new model for the same price. Ended up getting a Panasconic 42" PX70 (Plasma). No blurring watching football games and it upscales Standard Definition lovely.

Always watch out for the blurring during a football or a soccer match when you get you tv. One of the lads at work got an Samsung LCD but found the blurring too annoying and swapped it for the PX70 and loves it.

supersarsfields

Lads still been looking at a HD TV and spotted this one. what do ya's reckon about this one. Looks a good price for a Panasonic.

http://www.teleworldplc.com/model.asp?Detail=Yes&ModelID=475&Show=3

Bensars

well supersarsfields, good to see the jobs going well and you have planty of disposable income ;)

42'' PDP TV BLACK 15000:1 2XHDMI IDTV Plasma TV    £550

I got my laptop of this crowd as a b grade, nothing wrong with it.  Always are competitive.

supersarsfields

Not so sure about that Bensars!!  :D But moving back down home again outa the city so promised to get myself a decent TV.
Have been keeping my eye on one for a while now.

I notice the contrast on that on is 15000: 1 compared to 30000:1 on the pansonic. Does that make much of a difference?

open her out

Would highly recommend any of the Panasonic range. Watched a movie over the weekend there on a 40/42 inch Samsung LCD an it was terrible, the picture quality was as bad as I have seen.

supersarsfields

Yeah I went for the panasonic 42 inch. arrived yesterday but I won't get a look at it until this weekend. Looking forward to trying the PS3 on it.

nifan

if you want reviews that go into minutae then http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk go to a very detailed level.
Some of the stuff they go into is too deep to be bothered about imho, but they do cover all the bases.

open her out

supersarsfields

Ended up going for the Panasonic TH42PZ85B 42Inch Plasma.

open her out

its a lovely set you should be happy with it. When you set it up first set the viewing mode to normal its not as hard on the panel as having it in dynamic. just for the first few weeks.

supersarsfields

The Gs Man

Got a 37" Orion HD for about £500 squid in Currys a couple of months ago.  Does the jab for me!!
Keep 'er lit

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just got the Wii on Friday, so hopefully getting the TV this w'end or next.
Have it down to these models:

All Panasonic - all prices Currys

TH42PZ85B - £899
TH42PZ80B - £799
TH42PX80B - £649
TX37LZD80 - £699

Anyone have any of these, and any better prices, inc delivery and secure?
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ahh FFS, was just speaking to someone who said that Plasma's are not the way to go, LCD, also said Samsung as good as Panasonic!!
Back to square one!  >:( ;)
Tbc....

open her out

Gaoth Dobhair Abu, Who ever you were talkin to is talkin thru there h**e.. the panasonic is streets ahead of any of the samsung range. lcd is ok up to 32 inch an just ok at that... anything bigger than that needs to be a plasma if you watch a lot of movies or sports the plasma is the only way to go the refresh rate and definition of a plasma is much better. The new panasonic PZ81 with the built in freesat tuner is a nice set, it's also full hd.