The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: BenDover on February 03, 2010, 08:11:16 AM
The future's bright Spirit!

Here's hoping, if he's half as good as you we'll be lucky ;) ;)

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 03, 2010, 12:13:20 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 02, 2010, 11:58:56 PM
How young are we going to now rufus, my wee lad has just turned 4 and is starting the indoor hurling next week. Do we facilitate this age

I think he should be alright Spirit - could go for the Under 6s.

I'll mention to James C. and let you know.

I take it there's no problem with the above matter.

Passing_Interest

Lads
The Youth Registration Night was seriously well attended.
For example the Under 10s had 24 players register alone. Bear in mind most adults don't usually register their kids at this age until the first few weeks of training......there could be 40 - 50 Under 10s out on 14 March !

Which brings me to a really important point. The Under 10s have 2 coaches in place at the moment - Olly Houlahan and Malachy Hughes. With the numbers predicted, they need 4 or 5 in place to handle the training. The Under 12s are in a similar position.
Please think about offering sometime to these teams and if you cant, encourage some of your fellow Harps men who might.
Thanks boys.

Nothing but the same old story.........

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Passing_Interest on February 14, 2010, 05:19:16 PM
Lads
The Youth Registration Night was seriously well attended.
For example the Under 10s had 24 players register alone. Bear in mind most adults don't usually register their kids at this age until the first few weeks of training......there could be 40 - 50 Under 10s out on 14 March !

Which brings me to a really important point. The Under 10s have 2 coaches in place at the moment - Olly Houlahan and Malachy Hughes. With the numbers predicted, they need 4 or 5 in place to handle the training. The Under 12s are in a similar position.
Please think about offering sometime to these teams and if you cant, encourage some of your fellow Harps men who might.
Thanks boys.

Heard the Registration Night was a roaring success. The Marketing Committee met on Monday night and made up 180 Registration Packs, and these were all distributed on the night. Absolute respect to those behind the night. I hear POR was also in attendance.

PI makes a good point above - I will put something up on the website to try and encourage support.

john mcgill

Congratulations to the Harps on an enjoyable steak night.  The food was very good and I have to compliment Say Nothin on his hospitality and attention to detail.  One minor issue was the non attendance of Judas after him giving me grief about buying tickets.

ITS KAAAT

Harps Snooker Competition.

In Memorie of peter Lynch

All first round matches must be played by 21st of March.

First Game gets underway this friday nite in social club @ half 7.

FIXTURES TO FOLLOW

Skiddybadoo

For your Diaries:

Harps have two attractive challenge games lined up on successive Sundays.

This coming Sunday (14 March), the Senior team will face the current Down champions, Kilcoo.  Throw-in is at noon, which will leave enough time for those who wish to travel to Crossmaglen to see Armagh v Kildare in the NFL.

The following week, Sunday 21 March, the Seniors and B (Reserves) will face their counterparts from Castleblaney Faughs.  Throw-in for the Senior game will be at Noon with the Reserve game to follow at 2.00pm.

Keep up-to-date with all things Harps on the website at: www.armaghharps.com

thewanderer

I hear Nuddie is turning out for faughs b team just to get a dig in here and there. Will he be left on his ass again after the game in the bar.

Hedley Lamarr

Rough St. Patrick's day SP? ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Skiddybadoo

A few Notices:

Armagh v Down
Tickets for tomorrow evening's Armagh match against Down are available for collection from the Social Club for those members who have pre-ordered.

The Youth Committee will be providing complimentary sandwiches/cocktail sausages etc during the live screening of the game from the Marches in the Social Club and sandwiches will be available for returning supporters.

Feile
Our U-14s travel to Dromintee tomorrow afternoon to face the South Armagh lads in what should be an exciting and closely contested game.  Throw-in is at 3.00pm.

thewanderer

skiddy any report on last weeks challenge or did it take place? is minnie away to port mor.

Skiddybadoo

A very useful run out against a much fitter Kilcoo side who were comfortable in the end. 

border rabbit

Here whats this about Harps playing Tullysarron in a challenge last week, with 8 of county final team playing, and only scraping by? Sarron chap telling me on Paddys Day, took it with pinch of salt