The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hound of ulster

Quote from: gotthereb4u on November 25, 2009, 12:38:44 PM
could we get a brief summary of the main points from last nite??

sure. and can we have a look at crossmaglens accounts  ;D ;D

ITS KAAAT

Say Nothing, you should have been there.

BerfArmagh

Quote from: thewanderer on November 25, 2009, 11:33:15 AM
some member you are, not attending the AGM. IF YOU HAD HAVE BEEN THERE U WOULD KNOW WHAT WENT ON. >:(
Unfortunately some of us work late hours, can't be in 2 places at once. Sure you obviously were there...

gotthereb4u

tromust be a little embarassing lads if use wont tel wat went on!!!!

thewanderer

Quote from: hound of ulster on November 25, 2009, 12:44:33 PM

sure. and can we have a look at crossmaglens accounts  ;D ;D

You can get those accounts from the ni office, sure didnt they fund the club. Kaaat would say nothins vote have made a difference. I think he was there!!!

RealSpiritof98

Just want to know what is going on with our beloved club.  Please excuse my ignorance if some of my points are common Knowledge or have Been referred to before.  Firstly, the only interest I have is the success of Armagh Harps Club, I have no hidden agendas or am I siding with anyone.

I was unable to attend last nights AGM due to work commitments, I was aware that a management team had been put in place for next years senior team, now I hear that a vote of no confidence was taken against the committee who appointed the new management thus making their selection null and void.  Then the club was unable to select a chairman as the man that was going to stand could not stand as he was part of the committee that received a vote no confidence.
Then to my dismay I see an article in todays Ulster Gazette, a loyal supporter lambasted the sacking of Paul Dynes and Martin Grimley as they had guided the team to the county final, and poured scorn to the new management selection of Benny O'Kane, I feel everybody has the right to an opinion but to take it to the local papers was uncalled for especially as the stage for this objection was the AGM which only took place last night.  Adding to this, the loyal supporter insulted Benny's credentials, quote'' Bennys previous record with both Armagh Harps and Armagh County team was a complete disaster.  Although these teams did not set the world alight an Ulster senior county crown and an U-21 county title/senior county semi final are not what I would call a complete disaster.

Personally I think the new management should have been appointed after the AGM. I for one am not going to go into the pros and cons of Dynesy/grimley and bronco/benny but I do feel we should pull together as a club and move forward as one

thewanderer

its easy to see who the loyal supporter is! the man who was to help the previous management team of dynes and grimley and who was overlooked. Looks like a real poison chalice for the man that takes the job now. dirty washing in public bad reflection from a so called loyal supporter >:(

stew

This situation is farcical obviously and when are we going to learn from the mistakes of the past? I know the men involved here and Benny O'Kane is a good man and a tremendous Harpsman, he was an excellent ambassador for both club and county and for some bitter twat to besmirch his career in the local rag is a disgrace.

As for some of the other characters involved in the management teams, they are top notch men as well but unfortunately they are now involved in this mess and they deserve better. Dynes/Grimley/Bronco/Benny are all top men, good lads all and I know this post, like the other posts before it does not put the club in a good light but FFS get men involved that are capable of learning from the mistakes of the past and take the club forward without all this divisive acrimony.

Rant over, I will post no more on this thread and urge others to do the same if it involves the drama going all currently.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

For anyone to send in a letter like that and then laughably sign themselves off as a loyal harpsman should be ashamed of themselves.  A total disgrace.

Rufus T Firefly

Most people posting on this thread are men whose primary concern is the good of Armagh Harps. They have no hidden agendas.

I would therefore ask that these issues around the Club do not be posted on this public forum, as it is certainly not in the best interests of our Club.

el_cuervo_fc

I agree Rufus. There are too many nosey people around here

Passing_Interest

Whilst not wishing to drag the Club's current issues out any longer on this thread I feel I can't let the Gazette letter go without comment.
No matter if you want Benny and Bronco or you want Dynesy and Marty or like me you don't mind either way........
What John Morrison allowed to be published in this week's paper was an astounding insult to the club. He abused his position to publish a letter pandering to his own grotesque ego at the expense of both the Club and Benny O'Kane. He should apologise unreservedly to the Club and to Benny O'Kane in next weeks edition.
Shame on you Beefer.
Nothing but the same old story.........

killarm

As a reader of the board over the last while I have decided to contribute. As an Ogs man, who enjoys the great rivallry, I have to agree with rufus that this is not the place to discuss these matters as they should stay in-house and getted sorted out there. The use of the local paper was a very low dig. If the shoe was on the other foot I would not like our club to be dragged around like this and esp. people adding there own wee bits just to make it all sound more interesting. Dont forget every club hits these low points at some stage.

Skiddybadoo

Please note:  Harps face Cavan champions Killann Gaels this Sunday in the preliminary round of the Ulster Minor Club Championship at Rossa's pitch (next to St Paul's).  Throw-in is at 12.00pm.

ITS KAAAT

Nn more posts on this tread about the a.g.m.

Harps man.