The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

Quote from: say nothin on March 01, 2007, 12:09:16 AM
Raceday at Fairyhouse: - to answer an earlier question. There is food and music back in the club after the Races. Buses are due back around 8.30 - 9pm.

Any chance pulling my ticket out for the fav in Race 5, fancy a wee break!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Scarface

I think there is a bit of burying the head in the sand there Rufus. There are a number of people who are trying to leave the Harps at the minute - that is widely known. I am not sure what their reasons may be though I have heard differing accounts. Whatever the case the feeling that I get from these guys is that they are not going back to the Harps anyway. Therefore to obstruct their requests for transfers (which has happened) is pointless I think and antagonises them further. There is nothing to be gained for the club from going down this route.

You seem to be of the opinion Rufus, that you should stick by your club no matter what. I do believe in loyalty to my club but not loyalty at any cost and not blind loyalty. It is a 2 way thing. Your club should expect your loyalty and should receive it but in return, players should be treated with respect and their welfare looked after. If that is no longer the case, you cannot totally blame players for looking elsewhere. I think it is also useful to try and understand the reasons why some players want to leave the Harps and go to other clubs. If you understand this some of the things which have been going wrong, can be put right and the situation prevented in the future. Just my opinions, for what it is worth.

Spiritof98

I think people should start to grow a set of balls a place comments under their original usernames, all this covering up and starting new accounts to place comments in the same discussion, it obvious that this is being orchestrated by a small minority that keep creating new accounts and usernames to leave the impression of a mass fall out. I think anybody can see this. If this is of real concern for all these 'worried Harpsmen', there is procedures in place if you are a member to approach the committee in private.

Seriously though i'd love a trip to Miami!! :)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Scarface

That is the usual rubbish being spouted 'grow a set of balls', 'orchestrated campaigns' etc etc. Maybe I only have one post due to the fact that although I read articles sometimes on the board I never posted, until now. I do not think that you have a veto on who can and cannot set up an account to post on the board. unless you can tell me different.

Louis the Red

Quoteyour username threw me, I thought you were paying homage to the great Louis O'Neill!! (legend)

I used his name because I want to be like him when I grow up ;D

Candyman

laughinpaddy

Quote from: Scarface on March 01, 2007, 09:06:12 AM
There are a number of people who are trying to leave the Harps at the minute - that is widely known. I am not sure what their reasons may be though I have heard differing accounts.
Your club should expect your loyalty and should receive it but in return, players should be treated with respect and their welfare looked after.
:D :D :D :D
By your statement you imply that these 'players' want to leave because they are not been treated with respect and their welfare has not been looked after, but previously you say you do not know their reasons ::) ::) :D :D
so what is it scareface ???
I know from first hand knowledege that Na Clairsigh always look after their players and there welfare and to state something different is absolutley ridiculous.  you clearly don't understand, so to save yourself further humiliation find out the facts first :D :D :D

I ain't gettin on no plane!

haveaharp

Yeah right, JPD just woke up won morning and decided to cross town. ::)

bennydorano

I'd be very interested to hear what these supposed 'Player Welfare' issues are as well. 

Louis the Red

QuoteSeriously though i'd love a trip to Miami!!

You may set your sights a bit lower Spirit - I have that one in the bag, squared it with Say Nothing ;)

Louis the Red

QuoteI'd be very interested to hear what these supposed 'Player Welfare' issues are as well. 

I'm sure we'll be hearing some shite about the committee Benny, but how many of these 'hard done by players' have ever went to the AGM :-[

tyrone-r-shite

I am hiding behind no username as anyone who has emailed or messaged me knows. As for having an agenda - not initially.
From being a former underage player & senior team supporter I have become annoyed by how players who i know wel,l involved in this saga are being treated.
Regardless of reasons offered, the club have taken an awkward and vendictive stance against these players in trying to prevent them from playing any football.No club should have the right to do this in any amateur sport.
Rufus, I recognise that you are proud of your club, but your blind loyalty only reflects further on the attitudes of a club who are displaying themselves in a bad light. After all, it is their actions that has made this long drawn out saga the hot topic for months.
It is not an act of sabotage against the club by the men involved, many have more than legitimate reasons (and are saddened) that they can no longer play for the club. However I would doubt if they feel the same passion for the club after how they are currently being treated (especially after giving a lot over the years)
Any neutral can see how petty the club committee are behaving, turning a once respected club into a laughing stock. :-*

Louis the Red

QuoteFrom being a former underage player & senior team supporter I have become annoyed by how players who i know wel,l involved in this saga are being treated.

Is this the reason you no longer support the senior team?

Horatio Kane

There's a saying "water will always find its level"...........I believe you have certainly found yours tyrone-r-shite.

Just because you have a difference of opinion with certain members of the club, doesn't give you the right to try and rubbish them on here. Instead of staying and fighting your corner you chose the easy option.

You might still consider yourself a Harps person at heart...........but I doubt if anyone else does.

PS good luck in the Junior championship.

Top Spy