The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: harps2002champs on January 17, 2007, 09:05:32 AM
Quote from: harpsman on January 16, 2007, 08:22:27 PM
Don't believe the hype!!

The rumour mill in Armagh is in full flow and it's unbelievable stuff floating about.  Whoever is behind the stories must be having a laugh.

It does sadden me though to witness so many people who call themselves Harpsmen running around bitching about one thing/person or another and seemingly thriving on all the uncertainty at the minute.

If you go looking for a reason to fall out with your Club you won't be long finding one, but I feel there's a fundamental fault in that way of thinking.  You stand by your Club through thick and thin and if you have a grievance of any kind, bring to the attention of the Committee and let them address it.  There aren't many mind readers about the Club - or any Club for that matter.

I honestly don't think JP will move, and I hope he doesn't.

As a footnote (light hearted), I can't imagine the redner I would have getting changed in a small rural Club with a big Na Clairsigh Ard Mhacha crest tattooed across my torso! :-[  You allegience to the Club has to be a bit deeper than skin deep!

i cant see people thriving on this situation i think its more anger that one of our best players is jumping ship and joining the rivals

It does all depend on how your club treats you

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2007, 10:46:34 PM
POG, exactly, can not fathom why people think dirty players are hard. Any player can purposly mistime a challange and hurt someone, it takes a hard man to reguarly knock an opposition player over legally.

I don't think JP is a dirty player. All i'm saying is I wouldn't mess with him!

thewingedlady

Have to agree with rufus and harpsman on this. Talk of leaving, a fallout, anything negative and everyone decides to jump on the lad's back. Maybe if it did happen there would be some justification for the criticism but at the moment there's too many willing to start bitching when nothing has definitely happened. Get behind the players and get behind the club.

illdecide

Most of yous lads may hope all these stories are true as it would be extremely hard for the lad to walk back down to the Harps and start training or playing as if nothing had happened, and if it is true I'm sure something was done to him to warrant his actions as that is a very big thing to do (transfer to your nearest and dearest).
Anyway on another issue what are your definitions of a hard man?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Horatio Kane

"Anyway on another issue what are your definitions of a hard man?"

I think Paul Berry has the answer to that one! ;)

laughinpaddy

I ain't gettin on no plane!

Candyman

Bambi McCourt in the changing rooms... ;D

Candyman

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2007, 11:27:50 AM
Most of yous lads may hope all these stories are true as it would be extremely hard for the lad to walk back down to the Harps and start training or playing as if nothing had happened, and if it is true I'm sure something was done to him to warrant his actions as that is a very big thing to do (transfer to your nearest and dearest).
Anyway on another issue what are your definitions of a hard man?

A Hard Man:  A new poster on the GAAboard who puts the boot in.

Candyman

HARDMAN: a new poster who acts the "candyman"  :-\

harps2002champs

Candyman

pound for pound Liam McCauley... sure didn't he put the bomber in hospital 2years ago with a crunching tackle in training!!! ;D

Candyman

Quote from: ballwasthere on January 17, 2007, 02:29:21 PM
Would willy fit in this category? ???

Peadar can take a tackle.
yes! mc cauley mite come under the heading of a hardy wee fu*ker... ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 17, 2007, 08:41:05 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 16, 2007, 10:33:31 PM
Bloody hell - it's a good job that I can no longer get GAABoard in work - at this rate there wouldn't be much in the way of work being done. ::)

More to the point Rufus, how the feck do you work all day without access to the internet?

I've access to the internet Joe - just GAABoard is blocked for some reason - I dread to think as to how I'll get through the Summer - for now, I'm doing most of my posting on reservoirdubs!  :(