Wanted - Tony Fearon. Gerry Armstrong to leave N.I. due to stalker

Started by Minder, February 08, 2008, 01:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Article in full.........It was actually his missus getting the texts from Fearon

Armstrongs quit Ulster home after stalker hell

Friday, February 08, 2008

By Maureen Coleman

Football legend Gerry Armstrong today told how he and his wife Debbie are planning to leave Northern Ireland following a campaign of harassment by a stalker.

Over the past 20 months Debbie (31) has been subjected to a litany of crude and abusive text messages as well as a number of nuisance telephone calls.

And the harassment got so bad, it influenced the couple's decision to put their luxury Co Down home on the market and leave Northern Ireland.

The incidents have been reported to the PSNI.

A spokeswoman for the PSNI said police had received a report of harassment and that a man had been questioned and cautioned.

Gerry, a Sky commentator on Spanish football and a Northern Ireland World Cup hero of 1982, wed Debbie on a Thai beach in July 2005.

According to a close friend of Debbie's, who did not want to be named, the pestering text messages began when she was pregnant with the couple's baby daughter Marianna.

"Debbie always seemed to receive the texts on a Saturday or Sunday whenever Gerry was away," she said.

"The texts were so unbelievably lewd and crude and abusive and Debbie could not understand why she was being singled out.

"Then she received a few phone calls as well, some guy telling her what he was going to do to her.

"It's really angered her and upset her, but she refused to change her mobile number because she said she didn't want to give in to this person."

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph Gerry, Northern Ireland's former assistant manager, confirmed the harassment.

And he said he knew who was behind it and had reported this information to police.

"It all began about 20 months ago when Debbie began getting very crude text messages," he said. "The messages always came from a mobile number but when we called it, no-one would pick up.

"We contacted the telephone company and they said they couldn't tell us who actually owned the mobile phone.

"The messages would stop for a few months, then suddenly start up again.

"Sometimes when I was away working, Debbie would receive a text or a phone call at 2am or 3am and she would call me up crying.

"I'm really angry that my wife was subjected to this disgusting behaviour.

"We decided to sell up a few months ago because Debbie just doesn't want to live here anymore. She feels like she's been terrorised in her own home."

Last night the Armstrongs were named the joint winners of the Most Stylish Couple at the Magners Light Style Awards along with GMTV's Emma Louise Johnston and husband Jonathon Crawford.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

"It's really angered her and upset her, but she refused to change her mobile number because she said she didn't want to give in to this person."
???
So she would rather leave her home, leave her country, (that's not giving in?) than attempt the first rational option - change her phone nr. which in her mind is giving in.

Evil Genius

So, not much sympathy for a pregant "child-bride" 31 year-old woman who has been receiving wierd and disturbing threats and messages while her husband was away, during a campaign of harrassment which has lasted nearly two years, then?

I suppose if you consider that a liking for getting your face in the papers and magazines etc "justifies" such treatment, then fair enough, but I personally think that's harsh. After all, unlike her stalker, it's not as if she's actually harming anybody (even if she might irritate the life out of people from time to time).

Unless, of course, there's some other reason for a seeming lack of sympathy for this woman?  :o
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

nifan

Have to say i have sympathy for her, but really she should have changed her mobile number - thats just stupid.

wesaysanchez

i no jenius. Sumtimse i think gaabroad means gerry amrsrtong abussers board. she is butiful so she is nad thtas probly why tony is txtin her. Pleese stop tony. You haff a nice wife.

www.loveultser.com

T Fearon

Smacks of a publicity stunt alright. Simple solution is to change the number. I have sympathy for Armstrong's first wife who he dumped for a younger version only interested in his money and c class fame. He is the footballing equivalent of Bruce Forsythe, Peter Stringfellow and Paul Daniels.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: wesaysanchez on February 08, 2008, 04:50:27 PM
i no jenius. Sumtimse i think gaabroad means gerry amrsrtong abussers board. she is butiful so she is nad thtas probly why tony is txtin her. Pleese stop tony. You haff a nice wife.

www.loveultser.com

you aren't kidding O'Neill

red hander

So, not much sympathy for a pregant "child-bride" 31 year-old woman who has been receiving wierd and disturbing threats and messages while her husband was away, during a campaign of harrassment which has lasted nearly two years, then?

I suppose if you consider that a liking for getting your face in the papers and magazines etc "justifies" such treatment, then fair enough, but I personally think that's harsh. After all, unlike her stalker, it's not as if she's actually harming anybody (even if she might irritate the life out of people from time to time).

Unless, of course, there's some other reason for a seeming lack of sympathy for this woman?   

Jaysus, say one thing about OWC traitors and you're jumped upon.
   A text message campaign for 2 years?  CHANGE YOUR NUMBER YOU STUPID BITCH

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on February 08, 2008, 06:16:22 PM

Unless, of course, there's some other reason for a seeming lack of sympathy for this woman?   

Jaysus, say one thing about OWC traitors and you're jumped upon.
   A text message campaign for 2 years?  CHANGE YOUR NUMBER YOU STUPID BITCH

I simply don't believe that two people would decide to sell up and move their family to another country for something which could be avoided by merely getting a new mobile phone.

My guess is that the clue is in the last line of the report:
"We decided to sell up a few months ago because Debbie just doesn't want to live here anymore. She feels like she's been terrorised in her own home."
In other words, there's a potential maniac out there, who knows where she and her family live, who can't, as yet, be locked up by the police, so that she/Gerry have had enough and decided to move on.

But thank you for providing evidence for my suspicion about the general lack of sympathy for their plight, red hander. Nice term, that, "OWC traitors".  Classy, in fact...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 08, 2008, 04:39:48 PM

Unless, of course, there's some other reason for a seeming lack of sympathy for this woman?  :o

Lucky man going out with a 31 year old golddigger woman at his age!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

red hander

'I simply don't believe that two people would decide to sell up and move their family to another country for something which could be avoided by merely getting a new mobile phone.

My guess is that the clue is in the last line of the report:
In other words, there's a potential maniac out there, who knows where she and her family live, who can't, as yet, be locked up by the police, so that she/Gerry have had enough and decided to move on.

But thank you for providing evidence for my suspicion about the general lack of sympathy for their plight, red hander. Nice term, that, "OWC traitors".  Classy, in fact...'

The boul Gerry, who scored a grand total of 37 goals in his WHOLE league career (true), is moving to Spain cos the taxman's after him.  A maniac? The cops questioned him and let him off with a caution.  I know the PSNI are a shower of useless bastards, but come on FFS ... Gerry and his grand-daughter are using this as an excuse to bail out in order to elicit sympathy, nothing more ... he's one of OWC's biggest cheerleaders but his employment opportunities have diminished since wee lawrie fucked off to (and fucked up) fulham...

As for OWC traitors ... ask the vast majority of northern nationalists and they'd tell u the same, but hey, you've never recognised that fact...  

PS ... i repeat, could she not have changed her mobile number or is she so f****** stupid? (u only have to answer the first part of that).

Chrisowc

Quote from: red hander on February 08, 2008, 07:43:12 PM
The boul Gerry, who scored a grand total of 37 goals in his WHOLE league career (true), is moving to Spain cos the taxman's after him.  A maniac? The cops questioned him and let him off with a caution.  I know the PSNI are a shower of useless bastards, but come on FFS ... Gerry and his grand-daughter are using this as an excuse to bail out in order to elicit sympathy, nothing more ... he's one of OWC's biggest cheerleaders but his employment opportunities have diminished since wee lawrie fucked off to (and fucked up) fulham...

As for OWC traitors ... ask the vast majority of northern nationalists and they'd tell u the same, but hey, you've never recognised that fact...  

PS ... i repeat, could she not have changed her mobile number or is she so f****** stupid? (u only have to answer the first part of that).

Just a point.  Gerry resigned as assistant manager prior to Sanchez becoming Fulham manager.

The rest?  Tittle-tattle and conjecture as Jnr seems to be saying more and more these days.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

red hander

'Just a point.  Gerry resigned as assistant manager prior to Sanchez becoming Fulham manager.'

Aye, only cos wee lawrie was so pissed off with gerry hijacking the occasion of a match at windsor park to propose ON THE PITCH to his equally vacuous wife that he told him to f**k off ...

Chrisowc

Quote from: red hander on February 08, 2008, 08:12:03 PM
'Just a point.  Gerry resigned as assistant manager prior to Sanchez becoming Fulham manager.'

Aye, only cos wee lawrie was so pissed off with gerry hijacking the occasion of a match at windsor park to propose ON THE PITCH to his equally vacuous wife that he told him to f**k off ...

What?? :o ;D

Should be on the best lies thread/
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!