Inter-County Transfer

Started by Model Hammer, February 07, 2008, 12:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattockranger

maybe there should be a cap on the number of inter county transfers in one club
it would halt the dominace of those superclubs in dublin and even out the competition aswell
brian kavangh going to the crokes 2 louth lads joining sylvesters

it seems if you have the money and power you could buy yourself a championship
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

sheskin

Kavanagh approaced Kilmacud as he is teaching in the parish and made it clear that he wants to play in Dublin. If Kilmacud didnt take him he would have gone to someother club. Better to have him playing for you than against you.

Can't understand why he wants to transfer. His home club is only down the road and while he is playing for Longford he will be driving up and down to training and matches anyway.

mattockranger

not too sure about his club but the possible reason would be to enhance his game by playing at a more competitive level winning a dublin championship would be nice to have on the CV
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

behind the wire

lads just to bring this topic back to the front again.

i am having a bit of a problem with a transfer at the minute.

i obtained a North American sanction in june to play for the philadelphia shamrocks club. however the shamrocks were only after starting up again after a few years out of football and had no home base apart from a few american lads. to cut a long story short we played 2 games and were hammered in both (matches that would make the ultimate fighting championship proud). we were struggling for numbers and in the end the men running the club decided that the best thing to do was to fold the club up. the notified the nacb and croke park.

i went and done a bit of sight seeing in usa and then headed home. i thought that when i got home i would be able to play for my home club because shamrocks had folded. butthey wouldnt transfer me back to my own club.

so basically i am a full member of the association but unable to play through no fault of my own yet croke park dont want to hear about it.

anyone ever had any similar experiences?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

lynchbhoy

do you not just have to wait for the 60 days to expire - THEN you can play for your old club again

dont think the GAA , being wrapped up in bureacracy can or will do anything about this, even if you find a 'loop hole'/or uncatered for scenario!

(not sure but recall hearing theat they may be doing away with that 60 day rule)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: behind the wire on August 15, 2008, 02:39:31 PM
butthey wouldnt transfer me back to my own club.

you've no need to transfer back to your own club.

A Sanction is only a temporary measure. You have to wait 60 days from your last game in the US to play for your home club again

behind the wire

im aware of the 60 day rule, but i was asking that my sanction be revoked on the grounds that the club i was sanctioned to play for no longer exists. i didnt think it would be a big issue as all the relevant authorities were informed by the shamrocks that they had folded. i wasnt allowed to transfer to another club in usa so i returned to ireland.

the north american secretary was very understanding and sent croke park an email outlining the case.

every time i phoned croke park they told me something different. at last they told me that pauric duffy and nicky brennan would be making a decision on it. i then received an email saying that because i played in america i would just have to wait the 60 days. i phoned croke park again only to be told that mr duffy said it it was too big of a decision for him and nicky to make on their own! wtf????? i play reserve football at home so i never thought that i would be causing so much of a fuss.

the fact that they appeared to want to know nothing about it made it worse.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

lynchbhoy

Quote from: behind the wire on August 15, 2008, 03:30:42 PM
im aware of the 60 day rule, but i was asking that my sanction be revoked on the grounds that the club i was sanctioned to play for no longer exists. i didnt think it would be a big issue as all the relevant authorities were informed by the shamrocks that they had folded. i wasnt allowed to transfer to another club in usa so i returned to ireland.

the north american secretary was very understanding and sent croke park an email outlining the case.

every time i phoned croke park they told me something different. at last they told me that pauric duffy and nicky brennan would be making a decision on it. i then received an email saying that because i played in america i would just have to wait the 60 days. i phoned croke park again only to be told that mr duffy said it it was too big of a decision for him and nicky to make on their own! wtf????? i play reserve football at home so i never thought that i would be causing so much of a fuss.

the fact that they appeared to want to know nothing about it made it worse.
you play reserve football.
then play under a brother or friends name
no one is going to give a fcuk
if you get into leagus playoffs or championship latter stages, the 60 days will prob have expired

As I said earlier, if its a loophole or unlegislated scenario you have come across, thenyou have no chance- as these things need proposing and seconding plus discussion before theyare added to the rulebook.
You got your answer  - its too big a deal for any one man to decide upon. Thats the gaa way, as f**king stupid as it is.
Play under a false name.Or transfer to a dublin club and play there for a few games to keep yerself ticking over.

tierworker blue

Quote from: Model Hammer on March 07, 2008, 12:37:09 PM
Lads, if you haven't actually played competitively for 4 years, and your old club barely remember you (i.e. wouldn't be objecting), is it still necessary to go through the formality of an ICT? There's no issue of potentially representing the county or anything like that. I just want to make sure that the absence of the official transfer wouldn't invalidate my new club membership or player insurance etc.

Thanks!

im in the same situation at the moment...hav'nt played in a few years and fancy making an eejit out'v myself. i thought it would be a simple enough process, but i've been told by everyone that it must go through the proper channels. it is going through those channels as we speak, but the efficency of it all so far is a joke (although that's my experience...i guess it all depends on the people you're dealing with)
obviously it's necessary to have all the rules in place, but it could do with some streamlining.

carnaross

A player can transfer to another club outside the county at any time. For example, a student studying in England can transfer to a local club at any time, however, he cannot play for his old club should he return during a holiday. (How often does that happen?)
The transfer system is a joke, as, once the home club receives the form the secretary is supposed to sign only if there is a problem (or they won't allow the transfer for whatever reason). In my experience clubs rarely know that a player has transferred out, unless the player himself informs them. It should be compulsory for both clubs to sign the transfer off and copied to both clubs so no anomalies exist. Such potential problems should be non-existent when the new registration schemme is fully up and running and every player has their individual registration number. God knows when this will be!!
As for suggesting a player plays under a false name - poor form >:(. A lad transferred into a club in my county a few years ago under a false name and when caught, he was banned for 12 months, although this was subsequently halved by the Mercy Commission. 
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.