What club can your children play for?

Started by the Deel Rover, February 07, 2008, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

i just have a question lads i have played for my own home club all my life however i now live a few miles a way in a neighbouring parish, Just wondering do my children have to play in the parish we now live in ( i have been told this and it would break my heart arch enemies and all that ;)) or can they play for my club,  just wondering what the rules are.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

bingobus

As far as I know you can apply for "transfer" as such at an early age that allows you to play for the club in another parish. Was at a Juvenile Committee meeting in Monghan once where they were passing these transfers. It was on the basis that the parent had ties with the other club and both of the clubs agreed to allow him register with other club.

Possibly you could just regsiter him with your own club, not sure how strict or applicable the rules are.

lynchbhoy

friend of mine brought his kids off to play in his own club in a neighbouring parish (across the county border) and had a big problem when the local club (where he was living) lodged an objection.
He was lucky in that he had his mothers house where he was raised himself, so could claim they were going to live back there on occasion etc (and his wife taught in the local primary school beside his homeplace).
I think that meath county board told the complaining kildare county board and the objecting club to feck off.
BUT if he didnt have the homeplace, he was told that his kids would have to play with the local club because it crossed county lines.

Think its allowable if you live in the same county.
Know examples of fellas that went to neighbouring parishes to play for (better) clubs because their fathers had played for them and nothing was ever objected to there.

Have your kids play for your own club team and feck the begrudgers (only prob will be if their friends at school are all playing for the local team, then they run the risk of being alienated or outcast/picked on)

cavan4ever

Let them play for whoever they want.  If there only young they should be allowed play on the same team as their friends.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 07, 2008, 03:12:25 PM
friend of mine brought his kids off to play in his own club in a neighbouring parish (across the county border) and had a big problem when the local club (where he was living) lodged an objection.
He was lucky in that he had his mothers house where he was raised himself, so could claim they were going to live back there on occasion etc (and his wife taught in the local primary school beside his homeplace).
I think that meath county board told the complaining kildare county board and the objecting club to feck off.
BUT if he didnt have the homeplace, he was told that his kids would have to play with the local club because it crossed county lines.

Think its allowable if you live in the same county.
Know examples of fellas that went to neighbouring parishes to play for (better) clubs because their fathers had played for them and nothing was ever objected to there.

Have your kids play for your own club team and feck the begrudgers (only prob will be if their friends at school are all playing for the local team, then they run the risk of being alienated or outcast/picked on)

Ye i'd be in the same situation Lynchboy, my parents still live in Cross.Now they might never like Gaelic however i'd like to bring them to my own home club to see whether they do or not. There would be no problem i'd hope regarding been an Outcast/ picked on as its a country school and the Kids that go there are from Either Crossmolina, Ballina, Knockmore. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

David McKeown

There was a DRA case near the start that dealt with an area similar to this which I think from memory would say that they could play for either club as long as the club in which they lived didnt object.  Not a 100% sure.  Worst case I couldnt see a transfer being overally difficult to get.  I played for Annaghmore and Tir Na Nog when I was younger
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

armaghniac

Surely playing for your local club is the whole point of the GAA, if you can pick and choose between clubs the whole point is gone. If you choose to move to a place then you have to take this on board.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

the Deel Rover

Quote from: armaghniac on February 07, 2008, 03:31:03 PM
Surely playing for your local club is the whole point of the GAA, if you can pick and choose between clubs the whole point is gone. If you choose to move to a place then you have to take this on board.

Ye but where i'm now living is only 5 minutes drive from crossmolina but in a different parish i still play for my own club and my Kids will be going to school there its just that we are living in a different parish .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 07, 2008, 03:34:33 PM

Ye but where i'm now living is only 5 minutes drive from crossmolina but in a different parish i still play for my own club and my Kids will be going to school there its just that we are living in a different parish .
but you are still inthe same county Deel, so I think you will be ok. Looks like the rovers wont be getting an additional two future footballers as the sister has shot down the husbands suggestion of moving back there completely again. Dont think she'll ever agree to it!

cavan4ever

Quote from: David McKeown on February 07, 2008, 03:30:39 PM
There was a DRA case near the start that dealt with an area similar to this which I think from memory would say that they could play for either club as long as the club in which they lived didnt object.  Not a 100% sure.  Worst case I couldnt see a transfer being overally difficult to get.  I played for Annaghmore and Tir Na Nog when I was younger

If they didn't register for the club where they are living know they wouldn't need a transfer.  I take it that they aren't the age to start playing just yet?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 07, 2008, 03:38:34 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 07, 2008, 03:34:33 PM

but you are still inthe same county Deel, so I think you will be ok. Looks like the rovers wont be getting an additional two future footballers as the sister has shot down the husbands suggestion of moving back there completely again. Dont think she'll ever agree to it!

Thats a shame lynchboy could do with a few Northerners Down here to show us how to play real football :D 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 07, 2008, 03:43:01 PM
Thats a shame lynchboy could do with a few Northerners Down here to show us how to play real football :D 
well hes a cross local and she's living south for 28 years so they wouldnt be 'Northern'.
One of he kids is a right thug - that might count towards it though (a future Centre HB  ;))

the Deel Rover

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 07, 2008, 03:45:41 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 07, 2008, 03:43:01 PM
well hes a cross local and she's living south for 28 years so they wouldnt be 'Northern'.
One of he kids is a right thug - that might count towards it though (a future Centre HB  ;))

wish we had a few thugs in 2004 and 2006 ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

neilthemac

Different counties have different Bye Laws

Parish rule, Baptism rule, Parents Home Parish rule.

Aerlik

I can just see it...Paddy and Eoin Bradley lining out for the Pearses...siiiiiiiigh...if only.  And Slaughtneil would never have won their championship, as either Glen Maghera or the Swa would have benifited from the players living there. And Christ, God forbid, the infidel bushmen would have had more all-Irelands courtesy of the Ballinderry players :o
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!