Munich Fiftieth Anniversary

Started by passedit, February 05, 2008, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this thread have it's own thread?

Yes
12 (33.3%)
No
11 (30.6%)
who are the thought police?
2 (5.6%)
I have every confidence that the good posters of gaaboard.com will treat this thread responsibly
6 (16.7%)
Except for thon cnut (insert username of choice)
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

rosnarun

seeing as their are loads of joke bout every other 'tragedy' tsumanis Ethiopia holocaust setb 11 ect ect.  how long is it before we can make jokes about some h foreign soccerball teams demise  . or are the mods just aping english clubs where these sort of jokes would lead to further holliganism riot and murder.
really is time we grew up
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Gaaboardmod3

The mods don't need to ape any english clubs with regard to these jokes. The board was a cesspit of rubbish between Liverpool and Man Utd 'fans' for a while. Maybe before you were here, but there certainly wasn't much discussion going on. That's why the Rule 4 was brought in.

This thread certainly does not breach rule 4, nor do any of the posts in it so far. There is an argument for merging it, and I have had some 'reports' to do just that, but on the whole I think the topic is worthy of discussion outside of the normal Man Utd thread.

I voted the 4th choice :D

Billys Boots

Quotethe wife and baby daughter of the Yugoslav air attache in London, Vera and Venona Lukic

Mother and sister of former Leeds/Arsenal keeper, John Lukic, I believe.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Really Billy? Jaysus I didn't know that.

behind the wire

dont think thats right billy. its an 'urban legend' according to wikipedia (although it is never very reliable)
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

AZOffaly

rosnarun

QuoteThe board was a cesspit of rubbish between Liverpool and Man Utd 'fans' for a while. Maybe before you were here,
i doubt that, but if i smell a cess pit then i dont look into  ,
if the west brits we turning the place rancid why not ban they rarther than restrict everyone elses free speech .
what else do you expect from a pig but a grunt
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

red hander

'A magnificent football club, no doubt, just one that forgot what it owed to those who helped make it what it is today.'

So magnificent that they removed the words Football Club from their badge for branding reasons

AZOffaly

What on earth has slagging Man Utd PLC got to do with a thread about Munich?

Billys Boots

Re. Lukic, I knew that the urban legend, i.e. 'that he was the only surviving premiership player that was on the Munich plane' was untrue, but I thought that he'd previously confirmed that the Lukic woman was his mother.  I guess not, at this point.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

http://www.rte.ie/sport/audiovideo.html

Dunphy's interview with Harry Gregg from last Sat morning - clink on the link

Main Street

Imo the thread title is very poor taste.

There will be a minutes silence before the Croke Pk game tonight.
I'd assume it's in memory of Liam Whelan.

passedit

QuoteImo the thread title is very poor taste.

You're entitled to your opinion Main Street and it was intended to be i questionable taste to lure the Maude Flanders of this board in then present them with something they couldn't get outraged by. I had meant to change it early today for the day that's in it but got sidetracked. Will change it now.

BTW Mod could I have some feedback on how many times this thread was reported and what for?
Don't Panic

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: passedit on February 06, 2008, 02:57:22 PM
QuoteImo the thread title is very poor taste.

You're entitled to your opinion Main Street and it was intended to be i questionable taste to lure the Maude Flanders of this board in then present them with something they couldn't get outraged by. I had meant to change it early today for the day that's in it but got sidetracked. Will change it now.

BTW Mod could I have some feedback on how many times this thread was reported and what for?

There were no reports for the content at all. Sorry to disappoint you.

I think there were 4 requests to merge it back into the Man Utd thread, which we will do when the anniversary passes. I think it deserves a thread of it's own today.
1 other request to change the title, and that's it.

passedit

I didn't expect any Mod, but for the benefit of the two people who wanted to know what the thought police were, here's a useful link.

http://www.orwelltoday.com/police.shtml

a bit like the thread police.

For once Mod this is not a dig at you but rather the tittle tattle behaviour which all these rules have encouraged. My opinion only obviously.

Still think the thread was definitely worth it if only to clear up the Lukic issue. I was stumbling about in the same darkness as Billy.
Don't Panic