Irish News is free online ( kind of)

Started by Minder, February 05, 2008, 11:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I was under the impression it was all free now, i went to read a story and was told to "login or subscribe"..........Anyone else notice this?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Irish News brought in the subscription service a good few years ago I'm afraid. It must be a long time since you've been on the site!

Minder

Quote from: screenexile on February 05, 2008, 12:05:03 PM
Irish News brought in the subscription service a good few years ago I'm afraid. It must be a long time since you've been on the site!

No its not, i have been using it quite a lot in the last few weeks since it became FREE.........

Lecale2

It's been free for a few weeks but I think todays stories can only be read later in the afternoon. If you check you can still read yesterdays reports in full.

Minder

They should be paying us for some of the s*it we are subjected to in it.

red hander

'It's been free for a few weeks but I think todays stories can only be read later in the afternoon. If you check you can still read yesterdays reports in full.'

Boys, they're in the business of selling papers.  They're not going to post today's reports until after they've judged that they've sold as many papers as possible

Lecale2

Todays articles appear to be available for free now. I can read them.

pintsofguinness

They're worse than any tabloid, just more subtle about it.

I dont know why anyone would bother with them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 06, 2008, 09:45:07 PM

What do you read?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 06, 2008, 10:01:30 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 06, 2008, 09:45:07 PM

What do you read?

I wouldn't really bother with papers but if I had to - something like the Times or the guardian. 

Minder

Have to agree with you Pints, the Irish News has went down the pan, its hard to get a paper that does not have some sort of angle. I would read the Times online & have stopped buying papers altogether.

Donagh

In one thread he's talking about what the "government" are planning for English doctors and now he's buying the Guardian. What have you done with Pints?  :o

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donagh on February 06, 2008, 10:29:40 PM
In one thread he's talking about what the "government" are planning for English doctors and now he's buying the Guardian. What have you done with Pints?  :o

Well they are the government that's in charge of the NHS and what they do in England will probably affect us eventually.

I would rather buy an English paper than an Irish paper because the amount of shite that's in Irish papers (and on the Newsline/UTV news) varies between something you'd see in glenroe and something about someone being upset over some ornament or picture in some building, it gets boring!

Could you suggest a decent 6 county paper?

tyssam5

I don't like the new website, the old one had the PDF editions for free for the last six months or so - whether by accident or not I don't know as they were still looking paid for the articles if you didn't go for the PDF edition.

I'm still getting 'login or subscribe' now when trying to read about Tohill going to meet with Aussies.

But I can now read Heaney's column which was not free yesterday

ziggysego

I signed up for the online version the other day, instead of getting a copy in the shop.

Two questions.

a) Is it possible to change your password
b) Anyone else having problems logging into it today?
Testing Accessibility