Application of the New Rules

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, February 02, 2008, 01:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

hate to say it but , i told you so . the real problem is the serial posters think they own the place and are demanding the same level of respectabilty as the exhibit in there front rooms.
the problem with free speech is people sometimes saythings you dont like.

BTW the way tings are going
could we not have a section for this kind of shite im sure it'd be busier than the hurling one
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: ziggysego on February 02, 2008, 01:37:51 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 02, 2008, 01:19:31 PM
You thought on another thread that ziggy reported someone for saying "hell" when he was talking about the duplicate topic. 

Best craic was, I didn't even report it. To me, it's no big deal. I just felt someone might.

Nobody reported anybody for saying 'hell', and no-one got warned for saying 'hell'.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 02, 2008, 11:57:50 PM
Half pissed and still celebrating, but WTF these new rules!!
Are we not intelligent adults (well at least able to use a computer!), what is the need for the 1984 Orwellian shite!!
Catch a grip, if I want to come onto a discussion board and spue (sic) my spleen, then why shouldn't I be able to?

Bertie's - just Bertie!
Kylie Minogue has a great ass.

Shoot me for stating what everybody knows!

Will be interesting to see how long, our how much of this post stays on here!

[Edited By Mod 3]

OK, I'm not sure what you were thinking on that post, but you've picked up a warning for breach of rule 2 and 4. I know you are only trying to see what the limits are, but please read the rules, they are clear enough, as is the rationale behind them.

No-one likes rules, or having to edit or delete posts, but the most comment complaint on this board is how the standard of debate has dropped to a childish level, more similar to Hogan Stand. That is not what this board was, is or is going to be. Craic is fine, and needs to be part of any board, but posts like yours above are not 'craic'.

Along with trying to keep the level fairly adult, we also have to protect ourselves, hence rule 2. No matter what we may think of individuals, recent events have proven that people know about these boards, read them, or aware of certain posts on them, and are not shy about litigating.We can't take that chance.

Anyway, as always, you have a choice here. If you cannot abide by the new rules, or feel we have lost the run of ourselves, I would go to a board which will allow you post that stuff. If you stay here, which I hope you will, then the rules will be enforced.

Cheers

saffron sam2

I hate to be at the touting but I would have issues with the following post.

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 12:37:22 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 31, 2008, 12:15:37 PM
EG, Dublin are Tyrones traditional rival??

I'll make allowances for that as you aint a GAA man EG and dont claim to be, but that gave me a good old chuckle!!

No, what I meant was that Armagh and Tyrone are rivals i.e. would each prefer to see their traditional rival lose, or a fellow Ulster county win?

As I said, it's not an exact analogy, but was merely meant to show that you can have mixed feelings about such things - unless you're a bigot of the Fearon type, or one of his "Loyalist" counterparts, such as Billy Hutchinson, who's actually an Ingurland supporter!  :o

Billy Hutchinson is a convicted sectarian serial murderer; Tony Fearon to the best of my knowledge isn't. The poster seems to be saying that Fearon is a counterpart of Hutchinson's, which to me is linking Tony Fearon to mass sectarian murder. It may have just been a badly worded post on Mr Evil Genius' behalf and a simple edit may suffice, but feel free to ban him.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

his holiness nb

Sam, if you take exception with a post, report it, along with the rule you think is being broken.

Mods will decide then.
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

Id say that was a poor comparison EG, even if fearon did once compare me and some other ni fans shown on tv as similar to terrorists, and "scary"

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on February 05, 2008, 09:53:15 AM
Id say that was a poor comparison EG, even if fearon did once compare me and some other ni fans shown on tv as similar to terrorists, and "scary"

Was that statement before the rules were clarified?

In fairness if we go digging at old posts to report each other over we are all fucked!!!
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

I wasnt talking about the rules, i think it was a poor analogy regardless.
I just commented that tony didnt mind making such a crass comment about people like me, and did not apologise etc. Whether it was before or after the "rules" is immaterial - i havent asked for any action.

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on February 05, 2008, 10:55:14 AM
I wasnt talking about the rules, i think it was a poor analogy regardless.
I just commented that tony didnt mind making such a crass comment about people like me, and did not apologise etc. Whether it was before or after the "rules" is immaterial - i havent asked for any action.

Ah ok so, if its consolation I dont think you will find EG apologising to Tony for that comment either.

Unless its a long winded rant, with a lot of the good taken out of the apology.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Ask me holy bollix

saffron sam2

I hate to be touting again, but is there any need for the vulgar langauge in this post?

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 05, 2008, 10:24:10 AM

In fairness if we go digging at old posts to report each other over we are all fucked!!!

his holiness nb

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 05, 2008, 12:08:38 PM
I hate to be touting again, but is there any need for the vulgar langauge in this post?

In fairness if we go digging at old posts to report each other over we are all fucked !!!

Ah f*ck off  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

saffron sam2

I don't want to appear that I am overdoing the touting, but surely the personal abuse is this post has to be addressed.

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 05, 2008, 12:15:44 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 05, 2008, 12:08:38 PM

In fairness if we go digging at old posts to report each other over we are all fucked !!!

Ah f*ck off  ;)

pintsofguinness

Mod 3, I just thought of something - if bad pints breaks a rule and gets a warning or a ban does it apply to both of us or just him?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Surreal Steve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 05, 2008, 05:45:50 PM
Mod 3, I just thought of something - if bad pints breaks a rule and gets a warning or a ban does it apply to both of us or just him?

jesus. an internet 'character' that is schizophrenic. whatever next  ;D ;D :D :D