Application of the New Rules

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, February 02, 2008, 01:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthArmaghBandit

Mod - is there any sanction for a poster who keeps reporting other posters for alleged breeches of the new Rules? I have no one in particular in mind  :-\

In law there is the offence of Wasting Police time.  Is there anything similar on this discussion board?

You must get sick of the same posters continually reporting minor breeches of the new rules and attempting to get fellow posters banned. It's getting like primary school where the teacher's pet in the front row is continually going "Miss, Miss look at him-  he's picking his nose!"  "Miss, Miss look at him - he's copying me!"

This place is becoming more politically correct than Lambeth Borough Council Lesbian/Gay/Transgender Sub committee.

Maybe some poster should grow up and let Moderator do his job.

pintsofguinness

You must get sick of the same posters continually reporting minor breeches of the new rules and attempting to get fellow posters banned. It's getting like primary school where the teacher's pet in the front row is continually going "Miss, Miss look at him-  he's picking his nose!"  "Miss, Miss look at him - he's copying me!"

How do you know this is happening or is it just you speculating?

You thought on another thread that ziggy reported someone for saying "hell" when he was talking about the duplicate topic. 
The mods have consistently asked and suggested that any posts that are in breach of the rules are reported as they can't look at them all.

I reported the duplicate threads last night and sky blue's vile comments - have you some problem with this?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SouthArmaghBandit

You've also just reported Blacksheep on another thread.

A busy little peeler/tout aren't you?

Sky Blue

I have no difficulty with the application of the rules. If you do the crime be prepared to do the time.

But nobody likes a tout.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on February 02, 2008, 01:21:32 PM
You've also just reported Blacksheep on another thread.

A busy little peeler/tout aren't you?

Yeah, I'll report breaches of the rules, have you some problem with this? 
Maybe you're happy for there to be three threads on the same topic or comments like skyblues?

Maybe I could tell sky blue what I think of him but that would get me a warning.

Sky Blue

Miss, Miss - Pints of Guinness doesn't like me!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Sky Blue on February 02, 2008, 01:23:34 PM
I have no difficulty with the application of the rules. If you do the crime be prepared to do the time.

But nobody likes a tout.

And after your comments last night, I don't think to many would like you.

You didn't answer me on the other thread either.

Silky

Actually you are both wrong but don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Ziggy didn't report anything but he was concerned about the use of the word "hell" in case it was a breech of Rule 4.

Here's the evidence:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6599.0

Miss, Miss - Silky's bringing facts into our argument!

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 02, 2008, 01:19:31 PM
You thought on another thread that ziggy reported someone for saying "hell" when he was talking about the duplicate topic. 

Best craic was, I didn't even report it. To me, it's no big deal. I just felt someone might.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

I know ziggy didn't report anything.

MayoMan

I must agree with SouthArmaghBandit  and SkyBlue on this one:- Too many snitches out there, you cant say anything without some btich threatening to report you!!  8)

bert and ernie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 02, 2008, 01:19:31 PM

How do you know this is happening or is it just you speculating?

The mods have consistently asked and suggested that any posts that are in breach of the rules are reported as they can't look at them all.

I reported the duplicate threads last night and sky blue's vile comments - have you some problem with this?

With the derogatory, abusive and vulgar statements you constantly make on this board, about various groups of people and individuals; I think your disgust at Sky Blues comment, although warranted, is however somewhat laughable.  

pintsofguinness

QuoteWith the derogatory, abusive and vulgar statements you constantly make on this board, about various groups of people and individuals

Give me some examples.

Armagh4SamAgain

who got band an wat did the do. Did Pints of Guineess tell on them??
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Lecale2

I haven't heard of anyone being banned other than Snowedunder in his various manifestations. A couple of warning were handed out this morning. I don't know who reported who but one post in particular was out of order. The poster deleted it quickly. POG can answer for himself if he wants to.