Premiership Current XI

Started by Dinny Breen, February 01, 2008, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leg End

Van der sarr

<-------- Lescott               Ferdinand                        Vidic      ^
                                                                                                           |
                                                                                                           |
                                                                                                           |
        Ronaldo                   Anderson                    Fabregas                      Evra
            |                                                                                              |
            |                                                                                              |

Rooney             Adebayor                Keane

1. tevez
2. bently
3. gerrard
4. james
5. gallas
we're here for a good time, not a long time

AZOffaly

My 4-4-2 would be.....

Reina

Lescott Vidic Ferdinand Sagna

Ronaldo Flamini Elano M. Petrov

Torres Adebeyor

Subs.

James
Carragher
Anderson
Tevez
Fabregas

Minder

Could not include Rooney on current form.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

A Quinn Martin Production

As someone mentioned earlier, strange that there are no Chelsea players OK someone picked Anelka) given they're in 3rd place, four points behind the teams that provide most of the fantasy players.  Cech is still the best goalkeeper by a country mile in the Prem, and if you had the choice of Tevez, Adebayor, Keane...or Drogba who would you pick?  Though I do think Berbatov is class and he and Ronaldo (noticed he's stopped being Cristiano Ronaldo?) would be the only automatic picks.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

AZOffaly

I'd pick Adebeyor over Drogba on current form. But I think you are right, people are forgetting about Chelsea, and they could be the real threat coming up the rails. Shaun Wright-Philips is having a great season too..

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2008, 03:16:05 PM
I'd pick Adebeyor over Drogba on current form. But I think you are right, people are forgetting about Chelsea, and they could be the real threat coming up the rails. Shaun Wright-Philips is having a great season too..

Bout time...he did cost something ridiculous like £22mill
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

AZOffaly

Price means nothing anymore in the Premiership. An English player who can stand on two legs, kick with one of them, and sign his name on the line is probably worth 10 million.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Leg End on February 01, 2008, 03:05:12 PM
                                                   Van der sarr

<-------- Lescott               Ferdinand                        Vidic      ^
                                                                                                           |
                                                                                                           |
                                                                                                           |
        Ronaldo                   Anderson                    Fabregas                      Evra

Rooney             Adebayor                Keane

1. tevez
2. bently
3. gerrard
4. james
5. gallas

7 of 11 from Man United.

Are you the guy who was telling lads not to be biased when voting for worlds best player before?  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

Dinny Breen

QuoteAs someone mentioned earlier, strange that there are no Chelsea players OK someone picked Anelka) given they're in 3rd place, four points behind the teams that provide most of the fantasy players.  Cech is still the best goalkeeper by a country mile in the Prem, and if you had the choice of Tevez, Adebayor, Keane...or Drogba who would you pick?  Though I do think Berbatov is class and he and Ronaldo (noticed he's stopped being Cristiano Ronaldo?) would be the only automatic picks.

I just don't think Chelsea have played particularly well, they seem to be grinding out results more so than anything else. Drogbas has only made 10 appearances and Cech to me hasn't looked like the keeper of old...Terry and Essien would normally be contenders but have missed a lot games this season. In fact Grant should get a lot of credit because with the ANC and injuries there's no way Chelsea should be in 3rd spot.....
#newbridgeornowhere

ExiledGael

James
Sagna        Vidic          Ferdinand      Clichy

Bentley    Fabregas      Ronaldo      Petrov

Adebayor          Tevez

Subs: Green, Gallas, Flamini, Berbatov, Torres

Billys Boots

I don't rate Lescott at all, he scores lots for a defender, but he doesn't do his primary job that well imo.

A lot of very light, little lads in your midfield AZ.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

his holiness nb

Who is the "Green" people are mentioning? Who does he play for?
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

They're all playing well though Billy. If I was picking a team to win a match it would be a lot different :D

AZOffaly

Green is Robert Green, West Ham's keeper.

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2008, 04:11:54 PM
Green is Robert Green, West Ham's keeper.

I'm out of touch, what happened to Shaka Hislop?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ask me holy bollix