Betfair

Started by Mickey Linden, February 01, 2008, 12:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on February 01, 2008, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 04:04:07 PM
People need to bear in mind that while betfair is great for backing horses due to there consistently improved prices, this also goes the same when you are laying and therefore you are subject to a higher pay-out than the bookie. I'm not saying that laying isn't great (it is!), I'm just pointing out its not as easy as it looks.

Anybody else a fan of racing systems?

Is there some program on this weekend about racing systems?

Yer man Darren Brown has a show on tonight (Ch 4) about giving some woman tips from his system.

Seen that advertised but diidn't know when it was on..

do u use systems?

Mickey Linden

What time is this program on? What sort of system does your man use? Does he back horses or what?

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 01, 2008, 04:12:42 PM
Seen that advertised but diidn't know when it was on..

do u use systems?

I run a good 20 systems throughout the year, some of which are quite complex and have taken me a while to refine and others are embarrassingly simple and just happen to work.

Re: Mickey - I don't think he reveals the system and yes its horses.

Mickey Linden

Ordered a book titled " A bloody Good Winner" of amazon earlier. The book details the career of someone who takes the plunge and becomes a professional gambler. Its something I have always dreamt of tho relistically will never do. Has anyone read any other good books on the subject?

cavan4ever

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 01, 2008, 04:37:36 PM
Ordered a book titled " A bloody Good Winner" of amazon earlier. The book details the career of someone who takes the plunge and becomes a professional gambler. Its something I have always dreamt of tho relistically will never do. Has anyone read any other good books on the subject?

"Gambling for Dummies"   ;)

thewingedlady

Seen the aul fella reading 'Betfair for Dummies' over Christmas! Maybe that's worth a look...

Leg End

i have heard alot about this betfair but dont really understand the principle of ot it. could someone sum up in simple terms how it works in regards of odds setting and how it is different and better than the likes of paddypowers
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Muzz

Quote from: Leg End on February 01, 2008, 08:02:44 PM
i have heard alot about this betfair but dont really understand the principle of ot it. could someone sum up in simple terms how it works in regards of odds setting and how it is different and better than the likes of paddypowers

Betfair isnt a bookies its other punters laying bets.  You will generally get better odds on betfair but you can't do multiple bets like accumulators or anything. 

As the guys are explaining here they are laying the bets.  They are laying dogs.  So if you see on PP 2/1 on a dog you can lay the bet on Betfair at 5/2.  You then select the amount someone can stake.  So if want to set the limit you lose e.g. £50 you only let the punter bet £20. 

Lecale2

I've ben using your system and it's working well. But that Betfair site is shite! Slow as f*ck!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Any one watch thon show about "The System". Was all a bluff, he started off with 8,000 people, gave everybody a different horse for 6 races so 1 was bound to win all 6.

I think at the end that woman had actually lost and he used sleight of hand to hand her the winning ticket after backing them all.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Muzz on February 01, 2008, 09:14:53 PM
Quote from: Leg End on February 01, 2008, 08:02:44 PM

Betfair isnt a bookies its other punters laying bets.  You will generally get better odds on betfair but you can't do multiple bets like accumulators or anything. 

As the guys are explaining here they are laying the bets.  They are laying dogs.  So if you see on PP 2/1 on a dog you can lay the bet on Betfair at 5/2.  You then select the amount someone can stake.  So if want to set the limit you lose e.g. £50 you only let the punter bet £20. 

You can do multiples.  You just can't pick any selections and put them in an accum.  Betfair set up many multiples per day and you can back and lay these just like a normal single bet.

Hardy

Quote from: Hardy on February 01, 2008, 03:27:15 PM
If it was that simple everyone'd be at it.

Quote from: full back on February 01, 2008, 03:36:55 PM
It is that simple Hardy.
You decide what you want to lay and how much you want to lose

I meant making money is not as simple as laying all the favourites and waiting for the money to roll in.

Lecale2

Bad day today. I lost most of yesterdays winnings. I've withdrawn all my funds and won't be back at this "system" again.

The way it works is high risk. You're betting £8 to win £2 as a minimum. A couple of favorites win and your fecked.