He was close enough, why didnt he just shout?

Started by full back, January 30, 2008, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7217977.stm

Pilot 'breakdown' diverts flight 

Air Canada says a crew member was taken ill
An Air Canada flight made an emergency landing in Ireland after a pilot apparently suffered a mental breakdown.
A passenger said the pilot was carried from the plane shouting and swearing, saying he wanted to talk "to God".

The flight from Toronto to Heathrow landed at Shannon airport after its crew declared a medical emergency. Passengers flew on to London later.

Air Canada has confirmed that a crew member was unwell, but did not confirm he was suffering mental problems.

He basically said he wanted to talk to God

Sean Finucane
Passenger

"At no time were the safety of the passengers or crew in question," said an Air Canada spokesman.

"The flight was met by medical personnel and the individual is now in care."

Eight-hour delay

One of the passengers, Sean Finucane, said he saw the co-pilot being carried into the cabin in restraints.

"He was very, very distraught. He was yelling loudly at times," he told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

"He was swearing and asking for God and very distressed. He basically said he wanted to talk to God."

Passengers were put up in hotels while another crew was found. They eventually arrived in London eight hours late.

Gabriel_Hurl

man in black

QuoteHe was close enough, why didnt he just shout?

God is omnipresent, but can also be found at 40,000 feet
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Aristotle Flynn

This is not funny. This poor man clearly has mental health issues. There but for the grace of God!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

red hander

'This is not funny. This poor man clearly has mental health issues. There but for the grace of God!'

Yeah, not funny for the passengers either if he'd decided to end it all by flying into the Atlantic at 600mph

Evil Genius

Why divert to Shannon? If he wanted to talk to God, could they not just have dropped him off at Knock International and carried on to london from there?  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 30, 2008, 04:22:05 PM
that's why I never fly Air Canada  :D

I was in an Air Canada flight last week. The plane was so old, it had an ash tray in the toilet! The air hostesses were either dogs or hot. No in-betweens.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

QuoteWhy divert to Shannon? If he wanted to talk to God, could they not just have dropped him off at Knock International and carried on to london from there

Evil they would have gone to Knock if he had asked for Mary.

Shannon is the obvious place to go for those seeking the (broken) promised land.

Trust me though, dont ask too many questions.

MWWSI 2017

Aerlik

Quote from: Orior on January 30, 2008, 07:40:06 PM

I was in an Air Canada flight last week. The plane was so old, it had an ash tray in the toilet! The air hostesses were either dogs or hot. No in-betweens.

Would that then have made the in-betweens 'hotdogs"?
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Aerlik on January 31, 2008, 03:39:48 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 30, 2008, 07:40:06 PM

Would that then have made the in-betweens 'hotdogs"?

There's no such thing as an ugly air hostess - just those who stop serving you free drinks too soon.... ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Aerlik

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 12:44:05 PM

There's no such thing as an ugly air hostess - just those who stop serving you free drinks too soon.... ;)

Oh I don't know, EG, have you seen BA's long haul specimens?
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Aerlik on January 31, 2008, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 12:44:05 PM

Oh I don't know, EG, have you seen BA's long haul specimens?

Well I know what you mean, but I still think a few more beers will always do the trick. Besides, there's none of us looks too clever after a 14 hour flight, so I don't think we've the right to be choosy. Especially one who's bring us food and drink to our seat, who we're not married to, at least!  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

red hander

Jaysus, you wanna try flying Balkan Airlines to Bulgaria ... they don't get into jump seats to prepare for landing, they climb into coffins and close the lids

Zapatista

Quote from: red hander on January 30, 2008, 06:04:31 PM
Yeah, not funny for the passengers either if he'd decided to end it all by flying into the Atlantic at 600mph

Why would he do something like that? Clearly it would not be funny but I don't see why you felt the need suggest he would decide to do something like that.

red hander

'Why would he do something like that? Clearly it would not be funny but I don't see why you felt the need suggest he would decide to do something like that.'

Oh, like it's never happened before? Egypt Air not ring a bell?  Talk about being touchy...