Suprise Birthday Party

Started by DrinkingHarp, January 26, 2008, 12:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Has anyone every had one thrown for them?

My brother set me up tonite for my 40th and all my family and friends were there. My Bday isnt till SuperBowl Sunday and I was floored!!.

I HATE being anywhere near the attention of others and with everyones eyes on me I could have melted to a puddle.

Overall though it was a great nite and good fun but made me realize how much my family and friends really mean to me.

Money,fame what have you means squat compared to a good group of supporting people around you. I fetl like George Bailey in  Its a Wonderful Life.

I am not tooting my horn or anything but its comforting to now your family and friends care about you. 

Time to sleep it off

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Zapatista

I'm happy for ye.

If someone had a surprise party for me I would be pissed off. I would just leave. I know a guy who did leave when they all went "surprise". He didn't return to the party and the organisers looked very foolish. Served them right.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Zapatista on January 26, 2008, 02:27:06 PM
I'm happy for ye.

If someone had a surprise party for me I would be pissed off. I would just leave. I know a guy who did leave when they all went "surprise". He didn't return to the party and the organisers looked very foolish. Served them right.

It wouldn't be my thing either but that's just being an ignorant p***k!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Zapatista

I don't think so. Most people organise surprise partys for their own entertainment and to feel good about themselves while the person it's organised for just wants to have a pint and go home to bed without all the nonsence.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI don't think so. Most people organise surprise partys for their own entertainment and to feel good about themselves while the person it's organised for just wants to have a pint and go home to bed without all the nonsence.

I think it depends on the organisers but who do you think looked like the ****?
What about the  people who probably went out and bought presents and showed up for him? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Zapatista

He might have looked like a **** but that's because people are stupid. The fault of the presents lies squarely with the organisers who spent a week thinking they the best friend, wife , brother etc anyone could ever wish for. I think if ye are planning an event in someones life the least ye can do is ask them what they think about it.

Rav67

I think most people organising something like that will take the person's character into account, you know whether your da would like it or be affronted to have a surprise 50th party, or whether he'd just like a quiet couple of pints.  Would be shocking ignorant to just walk out after people going a lot of trouble though.

Puckoon

Quote from: Rav67 on January 26, 2008, 07:22:28 PM
I think most people organising something like that will take the person's character into account, you know whether your da would like it or be affronted to have a surprise 50th party, or whether he'd just like a quiet couple of pints.  Would be shocking ignorant to just walk out after people going a lot of trouble though.

And he was all and she was pure lured. You must be from derry my man. I havnt heard that one in a while.

Rav67

Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2008, 07:24:56 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on January 26, 2008, 07:22:28 PM

And he was all and she was pure lured. You must be from derry my man. I havnt heard that one in a while.

I am, but does nowhere else say "affronted" no?  Only Derry city folk(girls in particular) use that "he was all.......and then she was all.." shite that does my nut in!

Puckoon

Ive only ever heard it from the maiden city ex maidens.