Belfast nightclub bans "jumpers with horizontal stripes"

Started by Minder, January 26, 2008, 09:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

they are obviously trying to stop hoods and smickers wearing stripy Fred Perry jumpers coming in and stabbing people after sinking their 24 packs of buds

is there a pandemic of 24 pack of buds in west belfast or are the boys just weightliftin them just walkin up and rown the road--over the last 2 years iv been shocked at how many smickers ive seen strugglin, carryin these up the road like it was a cross they had to bear
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: Gold on January 26, 2008, 09:37:56 PM
they are obviously trying to stop hoods and smickers wearing stripy Fred Perry jumpers coming in and stabbing people after sinking their 24 packs of buds

is there a pandemic of 24 pack of buds in west belfast or are the boys just  (5%) and the off licenses are basically giving it away, but beware Gold, it is essential you are over the age of 11 to get served in a West Belfast off license........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Leo

I blame that Murphy git on The Panel (er, only really watched it once)
Fierce tame altogether

TacadoirArdMhacha

Been a couple of times since it re-opened. Not too bad upstairs but nothing to write home about. Might try a gather a crowd to wear stripy jumpers and see what happens when ya try to get in.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

nafianna123

i do not like these stripy jumpers because most people who wear them are dicks. ino thats stereotypical but you have to admit its true :P
:D

Puckoon

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 28, 2008, 11:18:36 PM
Been a couple of times since it re-opened. Not too bad upstairs but nothing to write home about. Might try a gather a crowd to wear stripy jumpers and see what happens when ya try to get in.

Then you wont get in for two reasons.

thejuice

this is starting to read like a Joe Duffy phone-in. What particular type of stripey jumpers are causing offense or are worn by "dicks". I bought myself a nice cashmere jumper over the Christmas. I have yet to come across a gang of stripey jumper wearing louts on a night out. I always thought it was the Fred-Perry, Ben Sherman types. Now I dont like to judge people by their clothes but it is often the case that someone who dresses like a sc**bag is a sc**bag

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stephenite

screenexile

Had to laugh one time when I was working in a well established watering hole in Belfast we had the bouncers of all the Wine Inns bars doing a training course in managing the door at our place. When I questioned the manager about this he informed me of an incident that occured a few weeks previously where a gentleman wearing a baseball cap, Fred Perry jumper, tracksuit bottoms and a pair of trainers tried to obtain entry to a licensed premised.

As you can imagine the bouncer had a number of outs... Sorry no hats, trainers, baseball caps allowed or something to that effect. All perfectly plausible excuses which would have drawn a bit of fuss but probably nothing major. But no... when the bouncer refused entry and was asked "here mate what the f**k like why am I not gettin' in" the reply was "Cos you're a sc**bag gypsy bastard that's why!"

I believe the training was organised as a result of the law suit being made against said company.... I did some laughing though the man's a legend in my book!

EC Unique

Bar owners apologise over dress code By Diana Rusk
30/01/08

THE owners of a bar that banned a man from entry because he was wearing a stripey jumper has apologised, telling him he is welcome back with or without his now infamous pullover.

Ian Latimer (31) was outraged when he was prevented from entering Scratch nightclub because he was wearing stripes.

He told The Irish News that a member of the management told him "a certain classification of person" wears horizontally-striped woollen jumpers.

The business director was only allowed into the club once he changed into a plain-coloured top.

However, the managing director of Botanic Inns, which owns the club on Lower Crescent, contacted Mr Latimer and apologised.

Mr Latimer said the apology was "much appreciated" and that he had no hard feelings against the club.

"He said they were wrong not to let me in - that some stripey jumpers are sporty but mine was not," he said.

"He said I was welcome back with or without my stripey jumper.

"My friends and colleagues think it is hilarious but everyone I know has a stripey jumper and for me, when you wear a shirt to work every day, its nice to wear something a little more comfortable out at night.

"The funny thing is that I was slagging my friend about his dress code that night because he was wearing a jumper over a shirt and I said anyone who dresses like that is dressed by his wife. I ended up having to put his jumper on to get in."