GAA ODDS

Started by ONeill, November 10, 2006, 10:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: yellowcard on February 07, 2010, 06:50:48 PM
Lads, Down are a massive 80/1 with Bet365 to win the All-Ireland. As an Armagh man I would not wish for this to happen but the are way over-priced at those odds. They have a forward line to compare favourably with Irelands best and if they can unearth a few defenders they might surprise a few people this year.

I'm not saying they will win it but its hard to ignore 80/1. Take the 80/1 while its there because it won't last.  And wait for Marty Clarke to start moving, he is potentially the best player in the country.

Easier said than done. They've been looking for these few defenders for over a decade now with no joy, can't see them popping up out of nowhere in the next couple of months.

western exile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 07, 2010, 09:14:46 PM
Gee, you see a player for the first time in the flesh where he was average against a poor side and it's sour grapes, very odd comment. Thought his brother was streets ahead of him.
Really?  Perhaps you could, in your own words, describe how the Down goal came to be scored  ;)

down desperado

when would the bookies release the prices for this years club championships. I fancy ardboe in tyrone, bryansford in down and rhode in offaly. I would want 2 do a treble, it would be a nice lift if it comes through, and would keep a bit of interest during the summer.

randomtask

dont do arboe! they wont be winning the championship this year

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 07, 2010, 07:34:26 PM
QuoteAnd wait for Marty Clarke to start moving, he is potentially the best player in the country.

Thought he was distinctly average today and made some awful passes, don't see what the hype is about and if couldn't shine against Kildare today, well.
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 07, 2010, 09:14:46 PM
Gee, you see a player for the first time in the flesh where he was average against a poor side and it's sour grapes, very odd comment. Thought his brother was streets ahead of him.

Your dead right Dinny, Marty was distinctly average (by his high standards) and did make some awful passes (but also some amazing ones). As for the hype its all in your head, hype is only hype if you the individual read too much into media headlines, journalists don't win football matches or create good players but  they do have to write about something.

So it does'nt look good for Kildare if they are getting ripped apart by distinctly average players, but things can look up for Down as long as Marty can get his act together!

Also talking of seeing a player in the flesh for the first time. Big Early's some player, bullied and taken to the cleaners by young King on his league debut and had to watch on as Ambrose kicked points for fun whilst constantly bursting through Armagh clones in white jerseys.

down desperado

King played for down against offaly in the league 2 final when paddy orourke was manager, he stopped playing football altogether for a couple of years he has been about a while.

Louth Exile

Going for a double myself today. Tempted to put in Tipp +7, but have a fear that Kerry cut really cut loose.
Armagh +1
Carlow +3 (following the Lone Shark recommendation on this one)
Double, best priced with Ladbrokes

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com