Started by Square Ball, January 24, 2008, 10:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

'Sue me'

You'll be hearing from my solicitors in due course

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SouthArmaghBandit

According to the wireless the High Court judgement on the Irish News appeal against the libel award is due later today.

SouthArmaghBandit

May Sheridan

Hi guys, very interesting to hear your comments. Are all reviewers pretentious, Mr Hardy, or is it just restaurant reviewers? Is it because we know our subject? Is it really pretentious to know your subject? Meanwhile, Mr Red Hander, it's important not to rely on hearsay. Anyway, I thought you might like to know that Mr Giles Coren of the Times (UK) visited Goodfellas yesterday, so lookout for his review on Saturday. It will be much funnier than mine, but maybe not as funny as Gold's original on this site. Cheers.

Main Street

Mr Hardy?  ;D
You are showing that blueshirt way too much respect.

That´s usually the tone of his replies (toilet humor) to any critics who dare mention brutality in the same sentence as Meath.

tyssam5

I thought that when a reviewer is going to give a restaurant a really bad review, they will give them the benefit of the doubt and go back at least one more time? Wonder did this happen in this case?

Minder

Quote from: tyssam5 on March 13, 2008, 09:10:05 PM
I thought that when a reviewer is going to give a restaurant a really bad review, they will give them the benefit of the doubt and go back at least one more time? Wonder did this happen in this case?

Why would you though? If you as a punter go to a restaurant and it is shit you wouldnt go back. First impressions and all that......

saffron sam2

Been to Goodfellas loads of times and I remember the original review. I thought at the time it was harsh, but justifiable. I also thought it was unfair to sent a critic who has experienced Michelin starred cuisine to a run of the mill pizzeria. There was only ever going to be one outcome.

I know what to expect when I go to Goodfellas. I would go quite often after work of a Friday with the wife and babogs, but if it was a special occasion I wouldn't dream of going there.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Donagh

Minder

Donagh

I not saying, my discussion board solicitors fees are all used up for this year already.

Minder

Well i will try and say it for you, i hear people raving about it but just dont get it. Have been about three times in five years.

Donagh

Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 09:24:53 PM
Well i will try and say it for you, i hear people raving about it but just dont get it. Have been about three times in five years.

Exactly! I've a feeling I actually went on the back of an earlier Irish News review and obviously from the Westies at work. Bit like 'an Cafe Glas' – we used to put up with stale food at silly prices for the opportunity to practice the cúpla focal, but now you can't even do that anymore. And by feck has anyone ever 'dinned' in the Whitefort?  ::)

Minder

Quote from: Donagh on March 13, 2008, 09:40:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 09:24:53 PM

Exactly! I've a feeling I actually went on the back of an earlier Irish News review and obviously from the Westies at work. Bit like 'an Cafe Glas' – we used to put up with stale food at silly prices for the opportunity to practice the cúpla focal, but now you can't even do that anymore. And by feck has anyone ever 'dinned' in the Whitefort?  ::)

Used to go to the Whitefort now and again but it has went down the pan badly, havent been in ages.