Stephen O'Neill retirement official

Started by Main Street, January 24, 2008, 07:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo

I was speaking to a relative of Stevens a while back who told me there was no way Steven would go back and play under Harte!! Apparently he had to quit working with him as well as they were not seeing eye to eye on a number of issues. I will not go into details but if i was in his shoes i would struggle to play under the circumstances also! I think he had lost all respect for the man!!

Uladh

A fantastic player who was virtually unmarkable on his day. he possessed power and pace in abundance and combined with his accuracy off both feet he was arguable the most potet forward in the country in the last 5 years.

However,  i'm unable to credit his virtues without mention of the dirty streak which lurked below his undoubted talent. I'm sure John toal has a little less pain in every step this morning.

tyrone86

Quote from: Uladh on January 25, 2008, 10:47:56 AM

However,  i'm unable to credit his virtues without mention of the dirty streak which lurked below his undoubted talent. I'm sure John toal has a little less pain in every step this morning.

Aye right whatever  ::)

orangeman

Will Hunting

Tyrone's NFL disciplinary record might be a bit better this year.
Didn't he get 3 red cards in one campaign?

oiddas

full back

I dont think anyone can underestimate how big of a loss this is to Tyrone this year.
With PTG gone, Mulligan not firing on all cylinders & Mc Guigan struggling with injury ye lot are going to have another barren year (much like ourselves)
What price Derry now for Ulster?

Uladh

Star Spangler

Very sad day.  Stephen could do more with one leg than most could with two.  His 5 minutes against Meath last year showed that.  Unfortunately there's a lot more to it than just the injury.  A change of management will see him return no doubt.

clarshack

Quote from: Will Hunting on January 25, 2008, 11:29:27 AM

Tyrone's NFL disciplinary record might be a bit better this year.
Didn't he get 3 red cards in one campaign?

like peter canavan he took a serious amount of abuse from defenders. i am pretty sure those sending offs were all double yellows for getting involved with such defenders. to suggest that stephen o'neill was a dirty player is nonsense.

orangeman

To suggest that SON was dirty and inflicted deliberate injury is way out of order !!! Complete dung. Where are you from Uladh ?

Uladh

Your county men won't thank you for turning this thread into a slanging match. if you can't be detatched enough to see the strenghs and weaknesses of players then you show yourself in a very dim light (not for the first time).

Thats a very interesting post StarSpangler, would you care to elaborate?

snappiered

Uladh I would like to reiterate the statements of Orangeman. Stevis was certainly not a dirty player and are you trying to implement that he deliberately ended John Toals career? If you are I just put is down to one thing - Jealously.

orangeman

Agreed - Max - dim ???????? Aye right !!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D