Stephen O'Neill retirement official

Started by Main Street, January 24, 2008, 07:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

No doubt !

What's the chances of Paddy doing a piece on us posters ?

Wonder what he would say ?????????  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

jodyb

Quote from: tyssam5 on January 29, 2008, 07:48:30 PM
You have to keep these Derry cvnts in line lads!  ;D
I thought he was too f#ckin nice to yes
'His legacy is assured because in one of football's finest years he was the game's finest footballer.'
Very Gracious imho!!
From such a celebrated journo too..............

Star Spangler

Quote from: ONeill on January 29, 2008, 07:09:06 PM
Yes I thought that too. Heaney should resign.

However, this is possibly the worst piece of journalism - spot the mistakes.

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/countyboard/aboutus/

If you read it with a good strong west Tyrone accent it's perfect!

ONeill

McGuigan in 86?
Canavan's assist in 95?

Eff me pink.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

i just watched my Sam 2005 DVD after reading that article earlier

O'Neill was simply awesome as were tyrone on many occassions that year

O'Neills penalty v Dublin in the replay was leathal-ive never seen better

some of his scores from play were outrageous--i stuck the DVD on after watchin 15mins of the O'Byrne Cup Dubs Carlow game and my faith in the greatest game in the world is restored

O' Neill is a genius, sheer f**king genius and i would love to see him play again at the same level as he performed in that year

I also was dead level at head height on the Hogan Stand side with O'Neill when he scored that rocket against Mayo in 2004

What a player and what a loss to the game as there arnt many or enough with his natural ability
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Baile an tuaigh

I still can't get over this retirement at all. Honestly waited around for two years for Stephen to come back and now this. Put it like this if Canavan retired at 27 he wouldn't have them 2 All-Irelands. Stephen should keep himself fit until May and then return to the team. He would be fresh and would have more appetite. I remember him saying in an interview that if premier league soccer players can play every week then Tyrone could handle ten games(2005). Its a sin this man is even allowed to retire. Well I think anyway.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: orangeman on January 29, 2008, 08:13:12 PM
No doubt !

What's the chances of Paddy doing a piece on us posters ?

Wonder what he would say ?????????  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Great idea Orangeman. Come on Paddy. We know you are watching. What about a critique of the Gaaboard? There's next week's article - no need to go hoaking about the attic this week. You're a fantastic journalist by the way  ;D

orangeman

That's right Paddy - I love you !!!!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

nrico2006

Great article.  Love the last line.  The one thing that I thought O'Neill excelled at moreso than others was in scoring from acute angles of either foot!  Some of his scores were unreal.  I saw him at the Craic in the Braic a few years ago, must have been a difficult night as everyone was wrote and he doesn't drink!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Over the Bar

I'll always remember the 2 points he scores in the 05 Ulster final replay.   He kicked over one from a non existent angle from the canal end dead line with the right, then 5 mins later did the same from the opposite side with the left.   I doubt it's ever been done before and unlikely to be done again.

I know that some techies have put together great Tyrone and Canavan compilations for youtube. Any chance some of you might be able to put a similar SO'N one together in honour of the great man?    It would make superb viewing. 

orangeman

MH should be living with SON trying to convince him to get back out !

ziggysego

SON's Mrs to be might have something to say about that orangeman ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2008, 12:09:28 PM
She's not his MRS. yet !  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have you an eye on her too?
That sounded like a stark warning to O'Neill.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.