Derry V Down

Started by doirebhoy, January 24, 2008, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win saturdays McKenna Cup Final?

Derry
25 (52.1%)
Down
22 (45.8%)
Derry AET
1 (2.1%)
Down AET
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

doirebhoy

Any team selections, any truth McCloy back for saturday

orangeman

FermPundit

Very impressed with Derry last night. They're my favourites for the Ulster championship. I tipped them last year as well and I'll stick with them again. They'll beat Down by 5
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Pangurban

Depends on which Down team turns up. In a positive, confident mood we will give Derry their fill of it and could edge a win

the green man

I've a notion Down will win this. Always seem to give us bother. The last McKenna Cup final I was at between these two in Belfast Sean Sands got the line for Derry. Now thats a long time!

Naomh Pol CLG

I suppose if nothing else we will see if the Down defense has turned the corner.  They will not face a much sterner test this year than the Bradleys and Enda Muldoon...

That said, we have forwards who can score at will, it could be a high scoring encounter and I'll go for Down by the odd point..

western exile

If Down's new look defence can hold out against their biggest test yet, they are in with a chance. It will be high scoring with both sets of forwards dominating.
I fancy Down by the odd point as they have been showing a lot of hunger this past week

downredblack

Quote from: western exile on January 25, 2008, 12:04:05 AM
If Down's new look defence can hold out against their biggest test yet, they are in with a chance. It will be high scoring with both sets of forwards dominating.
I fancy Down by the odd point as they have been showing a lot of hunger this past week

;D ;D

I'll go for Down as well but I always think Down will win , should of learned by now I suppose .

amallon

How many are Derry likely to be missing from their championship team through injury or being cup tied to a University?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Blacksheep

I was just reading the Down thread and this McKenna cup run has really grabbed the imagination of the whole County!!

I expect a big crown from Down to turn for the final and Derry to win by at least 8 points.

Lads - it's only the McKenna Cup FFS! We'll not be parading it through Maghera on an open top bus on Saturday night!
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

downredblack

When you have won as few a games as Down have recently any sort of run (McKenna cup or not) is to be welcomed so yes there has been a moral lift of late and what's wrong with that ?
As for parading the cup through Maghera sure ya's wont have it to parade .

Blacksheep

Have you the open top bus booked for Newry then? Take it around the primary schools all next week?

Players on the piss for a fortnight celebrating?  OK enjoy it if you do win. The rest of the counties will be focused on the league with a view to a run in the championship.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

downredblack

If Down do win it I'm sure they'll enjoy Saturday night and that will be the heap . Make no mistake Down are looking to the league and Saturday nights game is just another step towards that .

Good to see yer shite'n yourself all the same  :D

Captain Black

derry will run through down for a shortcut

Oak Leafer

Derry will win on sat nite, but not by much. Derry just have to avoid conceding goals against a Down side who score them for fun.
Down simply do not have the defenders to cope with the Derry attack, so providing we produce a solid defensive display we should emerge victorious