Heath Ledger found dead

Started by The Claw, January 22, 2008, 09:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
Those lovely folk at the Westboro Baptist Church are going to picket his funeral

stange thinking. so by portrying a gay man in a movie is a sin, as much as being gay in thier eyes. is it their belief that movies such as Brokeback mountain convert straight people into gays.

I recall a similar arguement in relation to music. for instance I listen to some heavy metal bands that according to some Christians that I myself a Chirstian should not listen to. Because their songs mention Satan or the Devil or sex or drugs or beer. The songs may not condone or promote any of these things but seemily mentioning them in any artistic media is sinful.

RIP Heath Ledger, dont think i saw any of his movies so I cant really comment of his acting but such a shame when someone young dies unessesarliy leaving a young child behind.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Was Heath Ledger the lad in Knight's Tale? The young fella that pretended to be a knight to take part in Jousting?

Puckoon

Those lovely folk at the Westboro Baptist Church are going to picket his funeral

Is that real gabriel, where'd you get it from?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 23, 2008, 03:10:16 PM
Was Heath Ledger the lad in Knight's Tale? The young fella that pretended to be a knight to take part in Jousting?

Yeah - that's him

Mentalman

Man, that is sad. Obviously the product of a diseased mind. Louis Theroux had a good program on them a while back, and how it's a cult of personality formed around the grandfather. It's always hard to know should kooks like that be given the oxygen of publicity but the program showed the majority of the family to be "normal" but they just fell into line with what was expected of them by the old man in order to belong to their family:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/wk14/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_Louisth_mosthated

Hard to imagine anyone who believed in God could presume to think they knew what might or not be in said God's mind, but such is the way of man for centuries.

On another note I imagine the funeral, when it comes, will be in Perth? I don't fancy the Phelps' chances with Australian customs etc.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 23, 2008, 12:48:33 PM
QuoteDid they need to take his body out in a body bag in front of the world's media?!

Absolutely disgusting!

RIP

They were hardly going to put a magic invisible cloak over it!

I'm sure there's a private entrance they could have used!

As for that poster...it's interesting they didn't quote what part of the bible said he'd anything against brokeback mountain  ::)

I went to the cinema to see Brokeback Mountain and there was a fella and girl sitting in front of me, all the advertisements had ended and the title of the film came up on the screen and the fella got up and stormed out with the girl running after him  ::)  It takes all sorts.
Anyway, Heath Ledger will be remembered long after these tools have gone. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

He seemed a sort of nervous character 1-on-1 - view first and last clip
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Roseyland

Heard this on the radio today, apparently they picket US soldiers funerals because the USA tolerates homosexuality, also they have websites one of which is www.godhatesireland.com God hates america, god hates mexico were mentioned also. Crazy f**kers.  >:(

pintsofguinness

QuoteCrazy f**kers.

Id say three quarters of them are probably gay!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 23, 2008, 07:17:18 PM
QuoteCrazy f**kers.

Id say three quarters of them are probably gay!

Their leader is.
Testing Accessibility

pedro

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2008, 07:04:08 PM
He seemed a sort of nervous character 1-on-1 - view first and last clip

Jesus, he seems pretty strung out or something in that one. Really liked him in Lords of Dogtown (a great show for anyone who hasn't seen it) RIP
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Declan

Jesus - thats outrageous stuff. The principle of free speech is sometimes hard to take.