Dublin v Carlow - Live on Setanta Oz!!!!

Started by stephenite, January 21, 2008, 11:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naomh Pol CLG

Great game for a cold January night, Carlow really suprised me, they took some great scores.  Perhaps this was their chance though, a replay should see Dublin step up a gear :-\

Gnevin

Did Murrary get  2 yellows in extra time?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

passedit

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on January 22, 2008, 09:42:24 PM
Great game for a cold January night, Carlow really suprised me, they took some great scores.  Perhaps this was their chance though, a replay should see Dublin step up a gear :-\

Oi N Pol. I thought you were for Newry. Ye fireside ranger.
Don't Panic

Armagh4SamAgain

Quote from: passedit on January 22, 2008, 10:29:41 PM
Great game for a cold January night, Carlow really suprised me, they took some great scores.  Perhaps this was their chance though, a replay should see Dublin step up a gear :-\

maybe he was coaching 500 u10s in Hollywood
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Naomh Pol CLG

I was, but with all the rain I was sure the Marshes would live up to their name and it was to be called off...Hell of a trip from our part of the County for nothin' ;)

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on January 22, 2008, 10:38:24 PM

Never been to California ::)

passedit

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on January 22, 2008, 10:38:24 PM

Sam, there's only one L in the true home of the stars.  ;)
Don't Panic

Canalman

NTL on the blink again. Setanta kept stalling and freezing on me.
Anyway, the game was a great workout for both squads.

laoisgaa

Somebody must be looking down on me. First Antrim/Kilkenny last Sunday and now this match - can it get any better for the rest of the year!

Great buzz in Parnell tonight and a great match for such poor pitch conditions, heavy stuff throughout, man of the match for me has to be Carlow goalkeeper John Brennan. The O'Hanrahan's man certainly gave a huge committment throughout the contest and was probably the main inspiration after Carlow conceded an early goal from Bernard Brogan after five minutes.

I know it's only January but hopefully this is a sign of things to come from Carlow after the disaster of last year. Teams in Division 4 be very afraid. Nice to see a return to action for the Dubs for Graham Cullen, chipped in a good point tonight and showed good work-rate when introduced.

Roll on Saturday's replay in Dr. Cullen Park, 2pm

Gnevin

Can anyone tell me did Murrary get  2 yellows in extra time?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Doire abú

Very entertaining match for this time of the year.

Declan O'Mahony a dirty git though.

Doire abú

Quote from: Gnevin on January 22, 2008, 11:59:44 PM
Can anyone tell me did Murrary get  2 yellows in extra time?

One might actually have been in normal time now that you mention it. Which would have meant he should've been sent off. I can't remember 100% though.

laoisgaa

Did Murray not exit the field? It definitely was his second yellow - it didn't matter when he got the first one - yellow cards carry over into extra-time

Gnevin

Quote from: laoisgaa on January 23, 2008, 12:05:52 AM
Did Murray not exit the field? It definitely was his second yellow - it didn't matter when he got the first one - yellow cards carry over into extra-time
But reds don't ? Mad

laoisgaa

Yip you got it in one Gnevin. There's something before Special Congress or Congress which aims to clear all this up. Basically yellow cards carry across the 90 minutes but from the start of extra-time it's deemed to be a new game from a team perspective and you are allowed to go back to a full complement of players. Surely every 'true' GAA fan would know that ;)

Cheeky Dubs!!