Marty Clarke - 2008 Season

Started by lisdoon1, January 21, 2008, 10:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisdoon1

I see Clarke is wearing the Number 18 this year, anyone know where we can but AFL tops??

Also I see from the Collingwood site they are on tour in Southafrica for two weeks....... Lucky fooookers!!

the milkman

Did you check the Collingwood website? Think you can order them straight from there.

clarshack

try:

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/

bought some stuff off it. will take approx 2 weeks to get to ireland.

zoyler

They are not quite on tour - its a high altitude training camp( will that be the next fad for our lads) followed by a NAB Cup game aginst the Adelade Lions in Dubai on 9th Feb I think.  BTW local reports on preseason training indicate that Dyas is shaping up very well indeed and said to be ahead of where Marty was this time last year.  There are also good reports about Shields at Charlton so it looks like there will be plenty to keep us occupied on early Saturday mornings this year.

Jinxy

Quote from: zoyler on January 21, 2008, 11:48:19 AM
They are not quite on tour - its a high altitude training camp( will that be the next fad for our lads) followed by a NAB Cup game aginst the Adelade Lions in Dubai on 9th Feb I think.  BTW local reports on preseason training indicate that Dyas is shaping up very well indeed and said to be ahead of where Marty was this time last year.  There are also good reports about Shields at Charlton so it looks like there will be plenty to keep us occupied on early Saturday mornings this year.

The Mourne Mountains will be chock a block!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Watch this space - GPA demand altitude allowance.

Rav67

How good is Clarke - I heard he's made amazing progress and started some games last season, will he be a regular this season and are Collingwood one of the top sides?

hitzelsperger

How good is clarke?? probably one of the best young players in the afl..amazing after less than 2 yrs in the sport, he is adored by the magpies fans and even has his own fan club! By all accounts magpies are well impressed with dyas who is a different type of player to clarke and will hopefully see game time before the end of the coming season! read also that swans are amazed by the young carlow fella they took out, brendan murphy, they predict big things for him!

Draff

Check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/season_ticket/7095953.stm for the Season Ticket show on Clarke.  Quality is not the best though...

I love the part where he is being interviewed prior to him making the 1st team.  He was hoping that, if things went his way, he would make the team in a couple of years  :)

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on January 21, 2008, 12:02:35 PM
Watch this space - GPA demand altitude allowance.

Thin air grants. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

stiffler

Anyone know where you can get the tops with the numbers on them?

Rebel sports seem to only stock them without the numbers.....

also does anyone know is there any plans for RTE to show an afl highlights programme this year?

The demand is there due to the high number of Irish out there, and it would be nice to see a programme with an Irish perspective, rather than the Toyota weekly show that is currently on tg4(a wk after the games are played).
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Aerlik

Ah jayzus lads don't be running around wearing feckin Colly wobbles tops.  Look very closely and you'll see the butcher's apron predominent.

That aside, no-one but NO-ONE outside Melbourne would dare wear one...the 'pies are the most hated team in the nation.

Go for a nice purple Dockers polo-shirt. 

Dunno about Stephenite and Hitzelsperger but I am so looking forward to the footy starting again.  Six months of tepid Aus. soccer, inane drivvel about the world's greatest ever cricket team...EVER.  Aye, I'm ready.  G'wan Farmer....you feckin legend Farmer.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

stephenite

Looking ofrward to it also Aerlik - massively.

Is that the same legend Farmer that manages to assault someone in a nightclub at least once a fortnight? :P

zoyler

Comcerning coverage I presume TG4 will be showing the usual AFL weekly wrap - best coverage however will continue to be on Setanta - live if you want to get up at 5 or 6 in the morning with replays later.

clarshack

last year (in the summer anyway) setanta showed 2 games in the morning live. one at at about 5 a.m. and the second game about 10 a.m.

BTW as collingwood seem to be the man utd (most despised) of aussie rules. what teams are the most liked?