Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

milltown row

a) Was Milltown knocked on his hole by a Fermanagh man?          no
b) Did Lisbellaw knock seven shades of shite out of St Gall's?     yes 
c) Is headbutting in hurling common practice?                          only in tyrone
d) Who's going to Armagh to watch Dungannon have the next skelp at the city boys?               yes i'll be there
e) Will Milltown apologise to the county of Fermanagh?          never never never

ONeill

The omens aren't good from 6 months ago -

Ulster Club Senior Hurling League Div 2A
Eoghan Ruadh (Tyrone)  0-9 4-8 St Galls (Antrim)  Dungannon

There's only one way to bate these Milltown men.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dodo

According to Wiki

Quote2001 Census
Lisbellaw is classified as a village by the NI Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) (i.e. with population between 1,000 and 2,250 people). On Census day (29 April 2001) there were 1,046 people living in Lisbellaw. Of these:

24.0% were aged under 16 years and 16.7% were aged 60 and over
48.7% of the population were male and 51.3% were female
7.3% were from a Catholic background and 91.9% were from a Protestant background
5.7% of people aged 16–74 were unemployed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbellaw

Do the majority prodestant population contribute many players to the Lisbellaw team ?

FermGael

Quote from: dodo on October 07, 2009, 02:40:09 AM
According to Wiki

Quote2001 Census
Lisbellaw is classified as a village by the NI Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) (i.e. with population between 1,000 and 2,250 people). On Census day (29 April 2001) there were 1,046 people living in Lisbellaw. Of these:

24.0% were aged under 16 years and 16.7% were aged 60 and over
48.7% of the population were male and 51.3% were female
7.3% were from a Catholic background and 91.9% were from a Protestant background
5.7% of people aged 16–74 were unemployed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbellaw

Do the majority prodestant population contribute many players to the Lisbellaw team ?
NONE
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

nrico2006

QuoteThe omens aren't good from 6 months ago -

Ulster Club Senior Hurling League Div 2A
Eoghan Ruadh (Tyrone)  0-9 4-8 St Galls (Antrim)  Dungannon

There's only one way to bate these Milltown men.

I wouldn't read much into that result, probably alot of players missing on both teams.  I know Dungannon were in disarray for most of the early part of this season, I heard they had alot of players missing and there was rumours of fallouts within the club.  That seems to have changed as of late as they seem to have most players back on board, although Paul Lavery is a notable absentee.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on October 07, 2009, 01:02:12 AM
Will they be missing their head-butting captain?

Dungannon had their full back (who was actually playing full forward), Brian McGilloway sent off for fighting against Carrickmore.

They will bate the stick into the soft boys from the Row. Cathal McErlain to do the damage (2-10).

I'm 100% behind 'Lisnahull-on-tour'.

Tommy Colton to chin milltown row - 1/7.

No one minds a good tough game, it's the dirty late and high pulling which sometimes passes as 'hard hurling' that gets on my tits.

We had the good fortune of playing Dungannon a few years back in a club semi final when a local hero pulled a mile low on a dropping ball breaking the arm of our full back. The same hoor took to his heels when a bit of summary justice was coming his way.

If you want to be the hard man you'd need to be prepared to take your medicine the odd time as well.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: milltown row on October 06, 2009, 05:28:45 PM
a) Was Milltown knocked on his hole by a Fermanagh man?          no
where was he from then !!  :D

also - Tom Colton cant still be playing ?
Hes 41 or 42 now isnt he?

greeny

Having a keen interest in Hurling within Fermanagh I was pleased to see Gaelic Life Journalist Declan Bogue togged out for Lisballaw last sunday. Its great that a man like that, who has travelled far and wide, and has been involved with GAA clubs all over the world is back giving his all for his respective hurling and football clubs. I also noticed he was stroking the ball around with consumate ease at the interval, if he bulks up a bit, im sure he could make his mark on the lisbellaw team. ;)

ONeill

How long is the head-butter suspended for?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 06, 2009, 02:42:24 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 06, 2009, 02:34:55 PM
Sam you are full of shite, no one in the club is called 'Chainsaw' ya t**t

over your jammy dodgers and tea, this butterknife guy is laughing his head off at tell you this tripe and watching you put it on here.

Saffron Sam king of the WUM

You are welcome to join us for tea and jammie dodgers any time. There you will hear exploits of young chainsaw's daring-do when he was under the charge of butterknife. The young man in question will always be fondly remembered as chainsaw. Ask him. Or my tea supping mate.
Halt. This is the police. It's "derring do". What do you teach?

Tony Baloney

A double header on Sunday would have been nice as I'd like to have seen the Middletown match too.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2009, 11:19:06 PM

over your jammy dodgers and tea, this butterknife guy is laughing his head off at tell you this tripe and watching you put it on here.

You are welcome to join us for tea and jammie dodgers any time. There you will hear exploits of young chainsaw's daring-do when he was under the charge of butterknife. The young man in question will always be fondly remembered as chainsaw. Ask him. Or my tea supping mate.

QuoteAppranetly it is possible to purchase a £10 pixel.

English?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2009, 11:19:06 PM

A quick google for derring do will find roughly 2% of the hits that a search for daring do does. Or did when I checked. Whilst derring do may have been the original version, the de facto standard is now daring do.

Sums.

Quote from: Minder on October 08, 2009, 08:27:00 AM
QuoteAppranetly it is possible to purchase a £10 pixel.
English?

Nope, that's ONeill. Still sums and some prayers.

But enough of the pair of you trying to let milltown row off the hook with your irrelevant asides. Do you think headbutting is ok?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 08, 2009, 03:03:24 PM
Do you think headbutting is ok?

all fighting is not ok.

All actions of fighting are much the same imo.
Punches, kicks, kicks to the nether regions, stamping, headbutting

have been the victim of or guilty of - all of the above..

a simple punch can be more deadly or damage causing than a headbutt

playwiththewind1st

"have been guilty of - all of the above.."

He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.