Total Tool Journalists

Started by Maximus Marillius, January 18, 2008, 01:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

have to get a word in for Micheal gallagher of the mayo post and mid west.
A poet of a journalist who see the true beauty of sport and the gaa lies at local level . in the Tradition of 'Willie the shoe' he gives parity of esteem to the north mayo winter league and the intercounty championship, to a boxing match between ballycroy and the golden gloves  of geesala. or a soccer match betwen  muranny and fahy or bally feck rangers or who ever
some times you have to look hard for the scores and datails but when you finished reading  you know it of secondary importance to the event itself.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

J70

I've lost track of who is writing in the Donegal Democrat these days. Cormac McGill (The Follower) RIP is still missed, I'm sure. He was always the first thing I read on a Thursday evening, even if he was the eternal optimist in relation to our county prospects (he used to write a bit about Leitrim as well). Last time I saw the Democrat, Manus Boyle was writing a weekly column, but I haven't read enough to give a decent opinion on how he does. The few times I've read him, he did seem to be fairly blunt in his analysis, which is always good, especially in a place like Donegal, where good results are inevitably followed by complacency and spectacular defeats. Peter Campbell does a good job on the news gathering front in relation to the county team, while Tom Comack (a Rossie blow-in!) writes some good opinion pieces and will be familiar to those who tune in to Highland Radio.

bloody mary

what about the genuius who wrote this yesterday... Brian mcGuigan made an 'eye-catching performance' at the Tyrone trials last weekend. I kid you not.

feetofflames

Thats a fuckin disgrace.  Who did that? 
Chief Wiggum

bloody mary

team talk magazine - The highlight of both sessions was the eye-catching performance of Brian McGuigan each time..

feetofflames

Chief Wiggum

Rav67

Someone on the board got banned around the time I joined for some smart-arsed pun comments like that about McGuigan!

ziggysego

You sure it was a pun and not just an accident?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Id have to think it was an accident. Poor editing however.

magpie seanie

Not available to judge unfortunately. A really bizarre but refreshing thread!

seeheartalk

muppet

2 days to go.

Need a few more judges, not from the same counties as the lads.
MWWSI 2017

ExiledGael

Quote from: muppet on February 02, 2008, 09:26:19 PM
2 days to go.

What does the judging entail? Marks etc?

ONeill

What are the chances of another extension? The dog ate my work.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 03, 2008, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 02, 2008, 09:26:19 PM
2 days to go.

What does the judging entail? Marks etc?

You have to be to read and be able to choose. Also you can't an alias of either contestant. You have to....ah never mind..................you are appointed.
MWWSI 2017