Total Tool Journalists

Started by Maximus Marillius, January 18, 2008, 01:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Hunting

How about O'Neill writes the articles and Max does a website for them?. Surely someone of your expertise would be able to get some sort of simple website up Max. Then we can appraise that as well!!  ;)

Billys Boots

And I was so looking forward to seeing what passes for journalism in the broadcasting region.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Doire abú

Two words..Liam Hayes.

Particuarly liked his preview of Derry vs Dublin last year where he indivdually rubbished the ability of every Derry player.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Doire abú on January 21, 2008, 11:15:38 AM
Two words..Liam Hayes.

Particuarly liked his preview of Derry vs Dublin last year where he indivdually rubbished the ability of every Derry player.

Theres some journalists out there that I suspect do this to wind up Dublins opposition.
Was it him with the comments re Kerry before the semi final?

It always amazes my how some journalists from outside of Dublin seem the worst offenders when it comes to overhyping them.
Ask me holy bollix

Fíor Gael

Have to agree, O Hara is a tube and is obsession with Kevin McGourty makes me sick. Matt Fitzpatrick is a poor read too, dull boring reports where he tries to mention every single player and very little information about the actual game.

adevvabr

You to enjoy very much Liam Horan's work when he was in the Irish Indo. I see he does a syndicated Horan Stand column in many local papers. ve

Newbridge Exile

Eammon O'Hara, without a shadow of a doubt his match reports are full of inaccuracies, with no fluency nor substance.

Louth Exile

Quote from: adevvabr on January 21, 2008, 01:13:55 PM
You to enjoy very much Liam Horan's work when he was in the Irish Indo. I see he does a syndicated Horan Stand column in many local papers. ve

Often wondered what happened to him!! I have to say I prefered him to Breheny (not that Brehney doesn't right gud, he does, just feel he sometimes pushes agendas)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Captain Scarlet

Breheny comes up with some wild ideas for stories when the season is quiet.

Not a fan, Eugene McGee is great for being just a stright-up bog man.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 21, 2008, 02:37:41 PM
Breheny comes up with some wild ideas for stories when the season is quiet.

Not a fan, Eugene McGee is great for being just a stright-up bog man.

Eugene is always very balanced with his coverage!! Likes to talk about Longford and Ofally football a lot more than most would, strange that  ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

North Longford

Eugene is trying to balance out the lack of coverage we get from the other journalists!

ONeill

Looks like it. Max can talk the talk.......

As for my GSU past, I was salesman.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

QuoteNot a fan, Eugene McGee is great for being just a stright-up bog man.

You mean like Joe Brolly is great for being just a stright-up (sic) stone thrower?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

qub la la la

regular poster corn 02 has been gettin a few articles in the irish news of late. not bad stuff either....

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on January 21, 2008, 07:03:40 PM
Forget that. I missed the GSU bit. What about the signature though?

Ye see, me father used to come home at night with scratches all over his face when I was a wean. Sometimes he had big gloves on as well. I just thought he had some oul bint on the go. Then, one day, I asked, 'father, why do you have such fresh scratches over your face every night - are you porking the blade in the vestry?'

He said, 'have you ever deballed a buck-cat on a Saturday night with the moon as full as a landlord's plate?'

It seems he was illegally neutering buck cats with his gloved hands for nigh on 25 years at a fiver a go. One wrench and the mutt was deballed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.