Cheltenham 2008

Started by boshiba, January 17, 2008, 05:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Has any horse won 2 races at the same festival meeting before??
That was never a square ball!!

T O Hare

any word about channel fours schedule. good be a chance with each way accums to mae money.. will be crazy though!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

AZOffaly

Lads, I heard on Newstalk, Lisa Fallon is over there, that the races tomorrow will all be on the Old Course, and the races on Friday will all be on the new course. Surely that will make a huge difference to the races? The run up the hill is way shorter on the old course, so the staying horses for tomorrow's scheduled races will be at a disadvantage compared to the more speedy finishers, while the races from today which will go on Friday will be on the new course.

BennyHarp

QuoteLads, I heard on Newstalk, Lisa Fallon is over there, that the races tomorrow will all be on the Old Course, and the races on Friday will all be on the new course. Surely that will make a huge difference to the races? The run up the hill is way shorter on the old course, so the staying horses for tomorrow's scheduled races will be at a disadvantage compared to the more speedy finishers, while the races from today which will go on Friday will be on the new course.

Are all races tomorrow on the old course - or just the postponed races from today?

AZOffaly

All races according to Newstalk. Can they not run both courses on the same day? Seems odd.

BennyHarp

QuoteAll races according to Newstalk. Can they not run both courses on the same day? Seems odd.

Seems a bit odd to me too! Makes the last race tomorrow and friday a bit of a lottery as the course will be in a fair mess!

glens73

Paddy Power was on century fm tonight on the legends football show in the n west of england, and he said that any punters who had bought tickets for the meeting at cheltenham today could send their ticket to him and they would get a free £50 bet, not a bad deal/

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tomorrow I've gone for;

12 30
Osanis

13 05
Alberta's Run

15 30
Lough Derg to be placed

17 50
Zaarito
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Aaron Boone

Quote from: drici on March 12, 2008, 10:34:53 AM
Well done to the Bumper on still being the last race of the day that the Bumper is on.

I think bumpers are always last on the card as they have to remove the hurdles.

Lecale2

Is it definitely on today?

Candyman

The morning line on C4 says its all go today, although all the races are on the old course.....

BennyHarp

All systems go - what a day ahead!!!

My £1 ew lucky 15 to pay over £9k if they all win,

1.05 - Pomme Tiepy
1.40 - Mr Strachan
2.20 - Fair Along
3.30 - My way de solzen

Still got a lucky 15 from yesterdays races too on the go!! Not much work done today!!!

Candyman

My bets for today...

1.05   Starzaan
2.20   Voy Por Ustedes
2.55   Mossbank
3.30   My Way DeSolzen (e/w)
4.05   Don't Push it
5.15   Joe's Edge (e/w for lo migley & Nina)  ;)
5.50   Lilywhitedancer

::)

BennyHarp

A mate of mine whose tips are usually quite reliable reckons he has heard theres a strong word for Ted Walsh's horse in the Bumper - Genuine Pearl - available in some places at 33/1 - may be worth an each way rattle!

Candyman

in around 25/1 with BJ Geraghty on board....