Ulster Club Football League 2008

Started by SuperHans, January 13, 2008, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Great to see Mc Guigan back playing for his club and county. Lets just hope there are no village idiots out there who would try and damage his eye again just to get their names in the papers and think they are hard men. I know this kind of thing would go on in certain leagues and it is an absolute disgrace.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

I assume McGuigan's eye would be no more susceptible to injury than anyone else's or he wouldn't be back playing?

winsamsoon

well i would assume it would be like a leg break, Once it has been done there will always be a weakness. It will never return to full strength. But the point that i was making doesn't matter what state his eye is in. It could still do without some ignornat ogre accidently on purpose smashing into it. Whatever state the eye is in.

orangeman

Brian showed some great glimpses and I'd say he'll need a few more games yet in order for him to get up to speed again.

glenullinabu

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 13, 2008, 10:07:27 AM
Won by 6 or 7, they scored a last minute penalty. Scoreline maybe flattered our lads a little as our keeper made a few fantastic saves but they deserved the victory. It was a patched up Ardboe team last night with 6/7 regulars missing and another 2 lost last night due to injury.
Brian played the full game and scored the first goal. He played pretty well all things considered, showed some glimpses of the old magic and was going for anything in his direction. He just needs game time to get back up to match speed and fitness again.
The lads are doing fairly well considering the number of regulars unavailable and the fact they have only been training a couple of weeks.

take plenty of money up with youse - the social club will be open after the match ;D

winsamsoon

and righlty so glenullin you need to routine blow out after an old game. A few pints makes the day all that sweater. :D

glenullinabu

Glenullin beat Ardboe up in the glen earlier today.
Eoin and Paddy Bradley were excellent
Nice to see mcguigan back on the field of play - still got that touch of clas

anyone hear how the other semifinal went?

DoYerJob Linesman

Shamrocks by a point.... terrible performance from what i hear!
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

orangeman

Glenullin beat us ok - we were short a couple - Glenullin are a very good side with the Bradleys  showing prominently although we contested well for the first half - thier class really shone through in the second half, plus their bench was good.
Thanks to Gelnullin for their hospitality - they have a wonderful set up !

Ballinderry beat Gortin by a point - it must have been some performance from Gortin - fair play to them.

It should be a very interesting final.

gaagaa

Quote from: orangeman on March 16, 2008, 09:05:57 PM
Glenullin beat us ok
Ballinderry beat Gortin by a point It should be a very interesting final.

where and when is the final? itll be interesting after the championship clash last year
id fancy the shamrocks to have a real go st this match - maybe a few scores to settle?

orangeman

Final is on Easter monday - venue not decided yet - it should be a cracker !

gaagaa

if its in derry should be a big crowd
how about maghera or ballinascreen
a stand makes for all the mnore "banter" ;D

orangeman

Maghera would be good alright for a bot of "banter" !!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: gaagaa on March 16, 2008, 10:10:59 PM
if its in derry should be a big crowd
how about maghera or ballinascreen
a stand makes for all the mnore "banter" ;D

confirmed for maghera @ 4pm easter monday
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Billy Magoo

Quoteconfirmed for maghera @ 4pm easter monday

Surprised by this!  Surely Ballinascreen or ourselves should have got this gate as we were actually in the competition.  Its unfair that glen should take this gate when they never participated in the competition!!!!