Irish News now free online ?

Started by dec, January 11, 2008, 02:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

The Irish News now seem to be free online, I hadn't noticed any comments here about that, is this a recent development. They talk about "What's new" here but don't specifically say they are free and they still mention subscribers, but only in reference to PDFs.

I would love to see the Irish Times free on the web as well.

amallon

Looks like its gone free again.   Great stuff.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Minder

Great stuff, they were taking the p*ss looking for a subscription.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

Quote from: dec on January 11, 2008, 02:31:48 PM

It used to be, in its early days, but I can't imagine it ever will be again. I also notice the Indo have withdrawn their archive section. At least I can't find it. Not having an Irish Times subscription, the Indo archive was a good reference for old match scores, who was the ref, argument-settlers and the like (in as much as you could believe anything in the Indo).

dec

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2008, 02:39:49 PM
Quote from: dec on January 11, 2008, 02:31:48 PM

It used to be, in its early days, but I can't imagine it ever will be again.
The London Times was subscription only for a long time before switching back to the free model and even the Wall Street Journal, which is reckoned to be the most successful paid online news paper is looking to go free again, at least Murdoch has dropped a few hints about it.

Hardy

Didn't know that. It would be great if the IT was free again.

T Fearon

Great. No wthe whole world will have free access to my valued musings and wit in the letters column ;D

Rav67

f**k that I've already paid £65 or thereabouts for a year's subscription a few moths back!! I want a refund!

Aerlik

Dec, you're a bloody legend.

No more will I have to endure the BBC or UTV websites for my reports from home.

Made my day.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!