Armagh v Fermanagh

Started by bennydorano, January 10, 2008, 09:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

High Catch

Easy to see the game wasn't on TV last nite like it was on Sunday!

Not too many reports in as of yet.

bennydorano

You miss half of what's going on in any TV game.

I was speaking to someone who was at the game this morning and he reckoned Armagh's best players were Gregory Loughran and Nippy Swift.

gander

Any word on what way they lined up?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: gander on January 10, 2008, 09:55:21 AM
Any word on what way they lined up?

Full report in this morning's IN - team was
P Rodgers; G McCreesh, E McNulty, G McCoy;
K McKeever, A O'Rourke, F Moriarty; D Edwards, R Austin; B Mallon (0 1), G Loughran (0 2), L O'Hare (0 1); M O'Rourke, G Swift, K O'Rourke (0 3, 0 1 free).
P McKeever came on for Edwards and scored (0 3, 0 2 from frees).
Better looking balance to this team compared to Sunday's - same result.
"Stercus accidit"

Boozehell

As far as Sunday's game went in my opinion whenever Mc Cusker hit Martin O'Rourke he didn't hit him hard enough. 
Down GAA to the last.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Boozehell on January 10, 2008, 10:30:02 AM
As far as Sunday's game went in my opinion whenever Mc Cusker hit Martin O'Rourke he didn't hit him hard enough. 
I have great time for Martin O'Rourke as a player.
"Stercus accidit"

Uladh

Quote from: Boozehell on January 10, 2008, 10:30:02 AM

Another useful contribution.

Pity you couldn't even get the personnel involved right.

substantial improvement last night on sunday's outing but inexperience in key areas cost armagh at crucial times. i'll get a report up later.

mackers

Was at the match last night, both in terms of entertainment and Armagh performance, there was a slight improvement. Fermanagh were well drilled and worked the blanket defence fairly well. The lack of midfield options for Armagh were worsened when Ronan Austin broke his ankle at the throw in. We really suffered in midfield all night, Mark Quinn was brought on to replace Austin and to be fair to the lad he was lost there. Nippy Swift stemmed the flow there for a while when he was moved out from full forward.
The positives were better passing out of defence with Aidan O'Rourke to the fore, more promise shown by Gregory Loughran who took a couple of good points, he tackled well dispossessing Fermanagh players coming out with the ball on a number of occasions, and he worked tirelessly for the team. K O'Rourke hit a few good points also.
Negatives were in the main part in midfield, Brian Mallon didn't play as well (two matches in a few days was obviously too much at this stage). The goal that was conceded was from a high ball where Paudie Rodgers was left jumping against two or three Fermanagh forwards and the ball was punched to the net by McBarron. The referee was abysmal, stopping play repeatedly to book and tick players which could have been done at the next break in play. We again got off to a horrendous start and were playing catch up all night.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

Just phoned Ronan Austin there. He broke his left leg (i think he said Fibula) last night from the throw in. He told me all he remembers is the ref throwing up the ball and him catching it and thats it, woke up in Cavan hospital on the morphine. He's not to sure how bad a break it is as it was late last night someone today will assess it and phone him in the afternoon. Lets hope it heals without any complications.

Get well soon Austie!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Boozehell

Quote from: illdecide on January 10, 2008, 11:26:56 AM
Just phoned Ronan Austin there. He broke his left leg (i think he said Fibula) last night from the throw in. He told me all he remembers is the ref throwing up the ball and him catching it and thats it, woke up in Cavan hospital on the morphine. He's not to sure how bad a break it is as it was late last night someone today will assess it and phone him in the afternoon. Lets hope it heals without any complications.

Get well soon Austie!!!

Wot team does he play for? 
Down GAA to the last.

Uladh

Quote from: mackers on January 10, 2008, 11:14:28 AM
The lack of midfield options for Armagh were worsened when Ronan Austin broke his ankle at the throw in.

gander

Candyman

Good to see Nippy gettin back into his stride....

High Catch

Candyman,

As a harps man, do you feel that nippy would be capable of holding down a midfield berth alongside McGrane this year?