Smoothie Maker

Started by King of Kilskerry, January 08, 2008, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Kilskerry

anyone able to recommed a good one for purchase and use ?

The Iceman

the one i use is the Magic Bullet - Woolworths used to sell it but you can get it online

I have recommended it to a bunch of friends and everyone loves it

We got it at home about 2/3 years ago and it really is used every day

the beauty is the blades are not in the mixer, so you just rinse it under the tap or stick it in the dish washer if you are really fussy

comes with 6 cups, 2 blades and a few wee other things.

Only makes one serving at a time but its great for smoothies, shakes, soups, mixed drinks,mint choc chip ice cream and baileys is my favourite ;)

most powerful mixer on the market i think - has no trouble with ice or anything else i have thrown in there
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Real Laoislad

Bought about two years ago...used less than half a dozen times despite the gf's promises of smoothies everyday if i bought it for her
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2008, 08:15:07 PM
Bought about two years ago...used less than half a dozen times despite the gf's promises of smoothies everyday if i bought it for her
I hear you LL, now in the gadget (mostly purchased by me, I'm a sucker for them) graveyard that is the cupboard (press to Mexicans) beneath the sink.

In fact I'm so stupid that I'm thinking that the smoothie maker recommended by Iceman might just be the answer, and if I buy it, it'll definitely be used every day!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on January 09, 2008, 10:51:56 AM
I hear you LL, now in the gadget (mostly purchased by me, I'm a sucker for them) graveyard that is the cupboard (press to Mexicans) beneath the sink.

In fact I'm so stupid that I'm thinking that the smoothie maker recommended by Iceman might just be the answer, and if I buy it, it'll definitely be used every day!!
Its usually the missus that wants these things in our house
but in the past year or more I have simply refused to allow her to buy these gadgets or buy them for her -as I know she wont ever use them

the juicer/smoothie maker
the george forman
the exp home gym cross trainer

and many more

just learn to say know...maybe take a leaf out of POG's book and be a grumpy hoor around the house (he is obv married to helen keller)

pintsofguinness

Quotejust learn to say know...maybe take a leaf out of POG's book and be a grumpy hoor around the house (he is obv married to helen keller)

I'm married?  :o

I'll have you know I'm a joy to live with!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Iceman

ha

I'm telling you  - you will use it everyday, breakfast shake, protein after training, make up fresh soups and then just put the cup in the microwave to heat it, salsa for the mexican nigths, ice cream cocktails - even if you only buy for the baileys and mint choc chip ice cream its worth it haha
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on January 09, 2008, 02:13:45 PM

ha

I'm telling you  - you will use it everyday, breakfast shake, protein after training, make up fresh soups and then just put the cup in the microwave to heat it, salsa for the mexican nigths, ice cream cocktails - even if you only buy for the baileys and mint choc chip ice cream its worth it haha

You must have watched that infomertial as many times as me iceman. You just verbatimmed every selling point that the guy makes on the commercial! :D

The Iceman

i should work for them the amount of people I have encourage to buy one!

I have one over here in the U.S but it is not as powerful but it still does the job

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 09, 2008, 11:41:01 AM

Its usually the missus that wants these things in our house
but in the past year or more I have simply refused to allow her to buy these gadgets or buy them for her -as I know she wont ever use them

the juicer/smoothie maker
the george forman
the exp home gym cross trainer

and many more

just learn to say know...maybe take a leaf out of POG's book and be a grumpy hoor around the house (he is obv married to helen keller)

the juicer/smoothie maker - Have it,never used
the george forman - Have it,used 4-5 times a week its a great yoke
the exp home gym cross trainer - Have it got it for her birthday one year,Never used
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I wish yous would stop talking about things liek this, when you do that I feel the need to go out and buy them.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 09, 2008, 06:25:06 PM
I wish yous would stop talking about things liek this, when you do that I feel the need to go out and buy them.

Did i tell ya i eventually bought the PS3 ?
Its the dags ballix  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2008, 06:26:50 PM

Nah can't get that yet because I want to get a HD Tv with it and to do that I want to get settled.

his holiness nb

Can you play ps2 games on it LL?
Gaelic football and hurling to be specific.
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 09, 2008, 06:34:44 PM

Can you play ps2 games on it LL?
Gaelic football and hurling to be specific.

No not on mine you can't,I got the 40gb version.I think on other models like the 80gb you can play PS2 games on though
But i have a PS2 anyways so im not that bothered that it doesn't play them..
Pog i need to get a HDTV too..I see Tesco have a 26" Bush HDTV for €440..
I have never bought anything like that off Tesco has anyone any views of buying electrical items off Tesco?
I'd usually only buy Sony stuff but as i was just buying the TV for PS3 use i thought a cheaper one would do
You'll Never Walk Alone.