Linfield V CVille

Started by Square Ball, January 07, 2008, 08:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Anyone watching this crap?

Oh and they are singing the sash  :o
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

corn02

Cat game. Wtached first match and Glens v Linfield and they were both excellent. This game is dire.

Chrisowc

Sure it's the 12th on Saturday Square Ball ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

The mind boggles as to why Sky are pumping money into the Irish League, you cant polish a turd. Is it all part of the peace dividend?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ExiledGael

In fairness there's been three matches, and the other two were as entertaining as half of the Premier League games that Sky have shown, and better than all the FA Cup matches BBC have shown lately.
Seems a cheap shot to question the entire Sky coverage after one, admittedly shite, game.

Minder

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 07, 2008, 10:15:53 PM
In fairness there's been three matches, and the other two were as entertaining as half of the Premier League games that Sky have shown, and better than all the FA Cup matches BBC have shown lately.
Seems a cheap shot to question the entire Sky coverage after one, admittedly shite, game.

I think you are getting confused, there is a big difference between excitement and quality, the Glens v Blues match on Boxing day was a lot of things but exciting wasnt one of them. It is just a poor standard of football. Always will be.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Chrisowc

Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2008, 09:50:25 PM
The mind boggles as to why Sky are pumping money into the Irish League, you cant polish a turd. Is it all part of the peace dividend?

It is part of Sky's package to show Northern Ireland matches which includes 5 Irish league games per season
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

ExiledGael

Agree the standard is pretty poor, the quality of delivery into the box tonight was the worst I can ever recall watching. But Sky pay money for the Championship, League 1 and League 2, the League Cup, internationals and some Irish league.
The pay scheme is all on relative terms and the Irish League are getting pittance in the grander scheme of Sjy's football deals. Don't think it's fair to say they should withdraw their support, that sounds more like an ingrained dislike of anything to do with the IFA.
Setanta are showing Blue Square Premier non-league games, of a very poor standard at times, but it's not a worthless investment.
We could have this argument, and I'm sure some do over on OWC etc about GAA coverage on channels of often rubbish games.

Notice that Billy on the Box p***k in the Belfast Telegraph today having a go at BBC/UTV for including "something to do with Tralee" on their sports report, "the last time I checked that wasn't in Northern Ireland".

Orior

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 07, 2008, 10:32:25 PM
Notice that Billy on the Box p***k in the Belfast Telegraph today having a go at BBC/UTV for including "something to do with Tralee" on their sports report, "the last time I checked that wasn't in Northern Ireland".

Nothing unusual about that. In the Beal Feirste telegraph, you can guarantee:

- No GAA back-page headlines
- Rangers always gets a bigger headline font than Celtic
- More page space on Linfield than Cliftonville
- Cricket, motorcycling, rugby and hockey before GAA is mentioned
- Crap about Healy
- Crap from Healy
- The only thing below the GAA is the ice-hockey!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Orior

Linfield 0-0 Cliftonville

Gimme a gaelic match anyday over that crap.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Fair enough lads, it may have been a poor enough match, but Cliftonville had a good few first team regulars injured and suspended, so from a Reds perspective it was a great result! Connolly the keeper had an outstanding game (wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been noticed by a league team in England on that performance!).
Tbc....

red hander

'Nothing unusual about that. In the Beal Feirste telegraph, you can guarantee:

- Crap about Healy
- Crap from Healy
- The only thing below the GAA is the ice-hockey!'

You're being unfair, Orior.  If there's a row at a GAA match it'll be the back page lead in the tele, guaranteed.

An Fear Rua

I read on an English football forum of all places that it was party tunes a plenty at the match, beamed across the skys too..

When I was young I had no sense.......
Its Grim up North

stew

Quote from: Orior on January 07, 2008, 11:06:21 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on January 07, 2008, 10:32:25 PM

Nothing unusual about that. In the Beal Feirste telegraph, you can guarantee:

- Crap about Healy
- Crap from Healy
- The only thing below the GAA is the ice-hockey!

Orior you should know better than anybody, size matters.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.