Oh My God Help Me I'm Starving to Death

Started by pintsofguinness, January 07, 2008, 07:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteWhat did you have for breakfast and lunch POG?
I didn't eat breakfast - don't eat breakfast, can't eat breakfast.

For lunch I'd couple of slices of wheaten with ham and chicken and tomato.  That was around half 12 and I felt great until about 3 o'clock!
Drop the spuds? what should I eat? I should point out that I could list, quite easily, the food I eat - I'm very picky.
I couldnt' have one bar of chocolate and leave it - it'd need to three, same with crisps. 

Hegan, do you think I need to feed my mind?

I wouldnt eat any of that stuff puckoon.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

FL/MAYO

I can eat healthily all day but once 8pm comes so do my cravings. Some of the lads that I work with cut out all carbs after 5pm and it seems to work for them they also allow themselves one cheat day a week. The worst thing to do is to let yourself get hungry then your will eat any thing, the six small meals a day is what the experts recommend. I would like to drop about 20lbs so I am of the drink for the month of January, exercising 4 days a week and trying to eat healthily which is the hardest thing so far.

Zulu

QuoteI didn't eat breakfast - don't eat breakfast, can't eat breakfast.

For lunch I'd couple of slices of wheaten with ham and chicken and tomato.  That was around half 12 and I felt great until about 3 o'clock!
Drop the spuds? what should I eat? I should point out that I could list, quite easily, the food I eat - I'm very picky.
I couldnt' have one bar of chocolate and leave it - it'd need to three, same with crisps. 

Well not eating breakfast is a very bad way to start your day and a disaster for losing weight for any one of a number of reasons. I'd strongly suggest you eat something, even a glass of water and freshly squezzed OJ wouldn't be bad.
         Your lunch was fine but at 3pm you should have had one of a piece of fruit/yougurt/handful of nuts. For dinner have a chicken stir fry - 1 breast of chicken with peppers, onions and mushrooms add a small bit of a low fat/low sugar sauce if you want. But no rice, pasta or spuds with this meal, though again you don't need to do this straight away, work your way up to it. Tell me the foods you will eat and I can give you some meal ideas that are low fat and low in 'bad carbs'.

Main Street

I went through a similar ruthless cutting out of a huge consumption of sweets and sugars.
The type and strength of conviction with the decision you made is the most important. Remind yourself once and for all that this is what you want to do and don´t allow any more internal debate on this matter.

It's normal to be dissatisfied after a meal without a dessert, this passes in time.
It´s normal to be hungry all the time.
Add in to your diet copious amounts of whole grain carbohydrate,  food like whole grain Pasta, Rice and Bread.
Your body will make the adjustment from sugar energy to carbohydrate energy.

Nutritional supplement    "Chromium Piccolanate"  
and "Molkoson"  in liquid, a  cap ful in a glass of water.
Both these products help with regulating the blood sugar level and help the body from blood sugar drops.

Your nervous system will get stronger. Your moods will balance out more. You will lose weight. If you are seriously overweight you will lose serious weight.

heganboy

QuoteHegan, do you think I need to feed my mind?

surely thats what the board is for?

Just pointing out that it takes a while to get out of the habit of snacking, I suppose you have to get past the stage where you automatically go to the fridge or the cupboard when you're hungry. friend of mine used to go and eat a tomato when eatting healthy and he needed a snack- takes all sorts really
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Just back from a 2 mile walk. Small bowl of Special K for breakfast, a sandwich - 2 slices of low calorie bread and a small tin of weight watchers tuna with sweetcorn and mayonnaise - for lunch  and some turkey, potato wedges and turnip for dinner. Will probably take small bowl of cereal for supper. Need to lose about 5 stone and working on the basis that if lardy boy Nolan can lose 4 stone then so can I.

Zulu

Quotezulu
I like chicken (second favourite)
ham
tomato
bread
soup
chips
spuds
peas
beans
bacon
sausages (favourite!)
Roast meat an odd time
Steak an very odd time.
noodles
cheese (third favourite)
eggs an odd time

thats about it.
my life is basically ham sandwiches, chicken/sausages and spuds/chips.  A load of sweets.  

you say to eat every couple of hours ok?  but eat what every couple of hours?  Like apart from fruit what's a healthy snack to shove in my face at work?

Ok POG, from that list the chips and sausages (sorry) have to go sooner rather than later. Are all fruits and veg out of the question? From your list I'd say you could have something like this for your day.

Breakfast: 1 pint of water
              2 slices of wholemeal toast (with low low and small bit of jam/            marmalade)

Snack:      Protein bar (they are actually quite nice)

Lunch:      2 slices of bacon (cut away the fat)
              portion of peas and one scoop of spuds

Snack:      Cup a soup with 1 slice of wholemeal bread.

Dinner:      Chiken breast and scrambled eggs (1 whole egg 3 egg whites)

Snack:      Hard to say if you don't eat any fruit, so maybe eat your dinner at 7pm, that way you'll not get hungery until 9 or 10pm which will be close enough to bedtime.

If you wont eat either fruit or veg it is hard to have a varied healthy diet, is there none that you will eat? What about nuts (not salted), can you eat those?

It is tough to eat properly especially when you are limited in what you'll eat but what I would say is that in 3 months of eating properly and exercising you can lose a tremendous amount of weight. So that is the way to think of it, if you start now in a determined manner you can lose a lot of weight by the time the championship rolls around. But you have to make some hard decisions if you are serious.

ziggysego

Today I had:

Cup of tea and a hobnob biscuit

Cup of tea and a slice of toast

Cup of tea, a slice of toast with cheese slice and a hobnob

Mashed spuds, baken beans and chicken. Washed down with cold water.

Cup of tea and a classic bar.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Keep up the good work POG.

water is the way to go. Loads of water

Nothing after 6 o clock except fruit

it gets batter after the first 3 days and you'll feel better

pintsofguinness

QuoteOk POG, from that list the chips and sausages (sorry) have to go sooner rather than later.
ok  :(

QuoteBreakfast: 1 pint of water
               2 slices of wholemeal toast (with low low and small bit of jam/            marmalade)
Is marmalde better than butter?
I don't eat butter - only a very small bit on toast so it's not dry.
Seriously I can't eat breakfast in the morning, I'd throw it up  but would a banana do?

Lunch:      2 slices of bacon (cut away the fat)
               portion of peas and one scoop of spuds
I can't eat a lunch like that during the day, don't have time - it has to be fast.

QuoteDinner:      Chiken breast and scrambled eggs (1 whole egg 3 egg whites)
I'm sorry that'd turn my stomach.  Chicken wtih Scrambled eggs?  Scrambled eggs go with toast.  And how do I get the whites on their own and what I'm suppose to do with the 3 yokes?

I eat fruit alright, bananas, oranges, apples, grapes. 
Salad wise I'd eat tomotos and lettuce and that's it.
I really can't stand most vegetables.

How long do you think before I get over this craving for sugar and sweets and my body cops on I'm not giving in?
If it was 3 days as bensars says I could cope.

zigg
QuoteToday I had:

Cup of tea and a hobnob biscuit

Cup of tea and a slice of toast

Cup of tea, a slice of toast with cheese slice and a hobnob

Mashed spuds, baken beans and chicken. Washed down with cold water.

Cup of tea and a classic bar.
You see, i'd have the packt of hobnobs ate and all the classic bars ate and be away to the shop for more. 
I'd also toast the loaf of bread if I started and have the block of cheese with it.

passedit

Quotethe block of cheese with it.

What was the cholesterol level POG?
Don't Panic

Zulu

Pog I'm the exact same as you if I start i won't stop, so that is why I'd recommend cutting sweets and chocolate altogether. Now that you will eat fruit that makes it much easier.

QuoteIs marmalde better than butter?
I don't eat butter - only a very small bit on toast so it's not dry.
Seriously I can't eat breakfast in the morning, I'd throw it up  but would a banana do?

A glass of water and a banana is fine, but you can also get banana flavoured protein powder, which you can mix with water/milk/juice and this would get you some protein, carbs and fat first thing in the morning.

QuoteI can't eat a lunch like that during the day, don't have time - it has to be fast.

Ok why not make a sandwhich last thing at night/first thing in the morning and bring it to work with you - 100% wholemeal bread, chicken, lettuce, tomato. With water and an apple.

For your snack have some grapes instead of the soup and bread in the afternoon. That will give you the chance of having scrambled eggs with toast or chicken with noodles, just try and keep the carb portions small. You could also have a warm chicken salad with lettuce and tomatoes with a low fat dressing (if you want). Your final snack could be another piece of fruit. Eating healthly can be tough at the start but what you eat is often as much about habits as it is about taste. Also get out walking every day, not only will you get more exercise but you'll be out of the house so you won't be eating simply out of boredom.

QuoteHow long do you think before I get over this craving for sugar and sweets and my body cops on I'm not giving in?
If it was 3 days as bensars says I could cope.

It will be longer than 3 days I'd say POG but allow yourself the idea that you can have a mars bar if you really want it, but don't crack at the first craving. If it is there fight it for the day you'll often find that it will be gone the following day but if it isn't have it but eat a little less bread or cheese that day to make up the calories. Once you've had it re start your healthy eating the following day. It boils down to what you want to be, overweight and unhealthy or the healthy alternative. For three of four months of your life by making sacrifices you can enjoy massive benefits for the rest of your life where sweets and chocolate can still have their place.

gerry

pints is a healthier lifestyle your after or is it to loose weight.

you have to understand that your system has got uses to your food intake and suddenly this morning its all change.  you system has got cravings, hence the headaches.  you need to give your system time to adjust.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

pintsofguinness

Quote from: passedit on January 07, 2008, 10:30:55 PM
Quotethe block of cheese with it.

passedit I got it done last monday and they drs didn't ring me so I think it might be ok!

zulu
Ok why not make a sandwhich last thing at night/first thing in the morning and bring it to work with you - 100% wholemeal bread, chicken, lettuce, tomato. With water and an apple.

For your snack have some grapes instead of the soup and bread in the afternoon. That will give you the chance of having scrambled eggs with toast or chicken with noodles, just try and keep the carb portions small. You could also have a warm chicken salad with lettuce and tomatoes with a low fat dressing (if you want). Your final snack could be another piece of fruit. Eating healthly can be tough at the start but what you eat is often as much about habits as it is about taste. Also get out walking every day, not only will you get more exercise but you'll be out of the house so you won't be eating simply out of boredom.
Ok! I can do that!  Do you think noodles is better than spuds then?  (Can I get away with super noodles or am I going to have to start cooking them myself?)

I lost quite a bit of weight a few years ago by just cutting sweets/crisps etc down to once a week - when I went to the cinema so I think I'll do something like that again.

So make sure I have this right, if I eat carbs as part of my evening meal - then stick to fruit for snacks during the day?

thanks for your help!

gerry
pints is a healthier lifestyle your after or is it to loose weight.
Well both.

you have to understand that your system has got uses to your food intake and suddenly this morning its all change.  you system has got cravings, hence the headaches.  you need to give your system time to adjust.
I know, I just wnat to know when it's going to get use to it  :'(

passedit

QuoteQuote from: passedit on Today at 10:30:55 PM
the block of cheese with it.

passedit I got it done last monday and they drs didn't ring me so I think it might be ok!

Don't think that's the way it works POG, I'd give them a wee ring if I was you.
Don't Panic