Nokia N95

Started by Minder, January 07, 2008, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2009, 10:24:05 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on January 04, 2009, 10:13:35 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2009, 09:05:44 PM
Mine is the same. Takes ages to open a text and is a bit of a pain in the arse. Are you covered by any type of insurance Minder? What did you do to it exactly?

I had the same problem TB and it is easily solved by deleting all the text messages in your inbox and sent items. Once I did this I could open all new messages immediately. I had a huge amount of messages saved in the inbox which was slowing the whole thing down.
Aye I cleared out the Inbox last week to try to speed it up but now you mention it I didn't clear sent items. I never clear them out so prob thousands!

I have changed my settings so that I can only keep a maximum of 40 messages in my sent items. I haven't looked but you can probably do the same with your inbox.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2009, 09:05:44 PM
Mine is the same. Takes ages to open a text and is a bit of a pain in the arse. Are you covered by any type of insurance Minder? What did you do to it exactly?

No insurance, i have it on an 18 month contract that does not expire for 6 months so i will be getting the same phone again...........Cant remember what i did to it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

I wouldn't stump up big money for a handset for 6 months. I'd slip the sim from the N95 into any old handset and then get a good phone on my free upgrade in 6 months.
Yes you might be paying 25 quid a month or whatever for a less fancy phone but if you only need it for calls and text then I'd keep my money in my pocket.

Minder

No i wont be paying big money, if i ring O2 and tell them its broke they send me another Nokia N95 and put it on the next bill. I think it might be £35 and they then make you take insurance..........

gerry

i keep getting this message when i try to reply to a post on here" your session timed out while posting. please re-sumit your message".

its works ok when i use the wlan settings at home.

any ideas?
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Minder

Quote from: gerry on February 13, 2009, 10:26:51 AM
i keep getting this message when i try to reply to a post on here" your session timed out while posting. please re-sumit your message".

its works ok when i use the wlan settings at home.

any ideas?

Had the same problem Gerry. Download MiniOpera to your phone,just google it, it will then be stored in your "applications" folder and access the board from there. Bob is your uncle........

gerry

Cheers minder. Hopefully this will be my first post using the phone

gerry

FermGael

Gerry,
        the old version is still working well for me.
Headin Skiing tommorrow so will check it out when i get back.
Using the old versions Europeans sat nav so will not mess with it the night before i head just in case.
will check it out next weekend
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

vickymouse

my brother has an N95 and absolutely loves it - I would go for it if you can afford it

ziggysego

Why would you for it if I could afford it vicky?
Testing Accessibility