DAB radio

Started by Bensars, January 07, 2008, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Quick question.

Got a DAB radio and only picking up BBC and others. Problem being cant pick up  RTE, today FM and the like. 

Is there a way around this, that  both can be combined ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Donagh

RTE are still testing their digital service and currently can only be received in Dublin and maybe up as far as Drogheda/Dundalk. I think TodayFM maybe part of the trial service in this area as well.
Someone probably has come up with a box to receive both digital and analogue signals but the cost would probably be prohibitive for all you are getting out of it. Best thing to do is put it back in the box, put the box in a drawer and take it out again next year or the year after when more stations have moved over.

Bensars

Cheers Donagh. Thought it was a tuning problem. Its dead on now, good enough selection and the sound quality is brilliant.

Shamrock Shore

I have a DAB radio here in Dublin and for some strange reason I can get Radio Kerry!

No sign of any signal making its way from across the border.

Got an Internet radio now as well. 9500 channels. Great to know what the morning traffic is like in Sydney as I am heading for the scratcher.

Only downside is Radio 5Live cannot stream live football cos of contractual limitations. And avoid Radio Cameroon - it's shite

Bensars

did you pick these up yourself shore or was it through the auto search?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I got one and it too only has BBC stations on it. Can't even get the like of Five FM on it.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Shamrock Shore

Quotedid you pick these up yourself shore or was it through the auto search

Bensars - which radio...the DAB one or the Internet one?

john mcgill

DAB radios are great and 5L comes in without any crackle but they are sore on batteries.  A week at the most.
Where can I get an Internet radio?

ziggysego

You tune in over the Internet john
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

No ziggy - you can now buy radios that hook up to your wireless broadband and stream like a 'normal' radio.

Here is where I got mine:

http://www.revo.co.uk/

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 07, 2008, 02:45:20 PM
No ziggy - you can now buy radios that hook up to your wireless broadband and stream like a 'normal' radio.

Here is where I got mine:

http://www.revo.co.uk/
Probably a silly question but when using the internet radio can you still use your Internet?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerry

yea you can.  bought a internet radio on ebay for £40.00 and i am able to get radio stations that stream on the net, on it.

i am on unlimited broadband, as i believe online streaming sore on broadband if you have cap on it.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

The Real Laoislad

I have unlimited broadband as well..I use to always listen to Triple R FM and Nova100 when living in Melbourne would like to be able listen to it again without having to use the laptop.
Can these radios be bought in Ireland?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Peats do a limited range.

I did some scouting and Revo is the best I found out there for new radios. Ship v quick as well

Uladh

What stops 5 live broadcasting games and does this apply to internationals? any chance it'll change?