Armagh v Derry McKenna Cup

Started by bennydorano, January 06, 2008, 05:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2008, 11:20:24 AM
What agie is Enda Lynn by the way ?

not sure if he's 20 or 21. was corner forward for the under21's last season.

nrico2006

McNulty didn't look that heavy on Sunday, he is solid as a rock.  Your man Lynn turned the colour of his hair when McNulty grabbed him by the jersey!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

southderryman

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2008, 04:28:43 PM
Your man Lynn turned the colour of his hair when McNulty grabbed him by the jersey!

thats about the only way McNulty could catch him!  :D

whiskeysteve

sure he roasted yous with football! but sure as long big Enda grabs young fellas and scares them for a bit... ::) Hope yous start a load of meatheads for similar reasons when we next meet!
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

nrico2006

Another thing, I was tempted to turn at the gate yesterday when I was told it was 7 Dabs in, couldn't believe.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Donagh

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2008, 05:01:31 PM
Another thing, I was tempted to turn at the gate yesterday when I was told it was 7 Dabs in, couldn't believe.

The club must have made a bomb yesterday. As well as the usual mass dodgers, the bar was bunged from early doors with people getting in before they were asked to pay. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteBut putting them all in  against the liikes of  enda muldoon and fergal doherty and co was a recipe for disaster yesterday.

Yesterday was hardly a disaster. A disappointing performance and a heavy defeat but the McKenna is far too meaningless for anything in it to rank as a disaster.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Tacadoir take off those orange tinted glasses you have on and face facts,Armagh are done.

PS shave your shoulders.

corn02

BC have to totally disagree regarding MOR. He does his job brilliantly and is a massive asset to the team. He will start every championship game this season no doubt. Joe taking him off in Ballybofey was one of the reasons we lost.

corn02

Why would you be worried? He stood out as much as Enda, McKeever or Mallon. These lads are just back to training and hardly in the best shape.

Benny Barnaveld

I think Armagh should have fielded about 1/3 of the team they hope to be using in the summer.

When I read the team it was pretty obvious we were going to get hammered. Even if the new guys had played half decent we would still have been well enough beaten. It kinda worried me that we were beaten by 9 points, by a Derry side when were hardly star studded themselves, and its fair to say that Lynn did most of the damage. Why the manager did not even put on a pacey marker of some description, to at least compete with him was beyond me. Also the fact that in general the tactics appeared nonexistent, with a basketball approach to getting up the field.

Surely any fan handing over money at the gate is at least entitled not too see is side totally decimated.

I agree that the young players need to gain experience, and a defeat is not the end of the world,  but I don't think a complete hiding does anyone any good. The new players needed to be part of a team, not part of a shambles like they were yesterday.

I dint think anything was really learned or gained from the match, and I would not really praise or criticise anyone too strongly.

Orior

Good first post BB. What took you so long to register on GAA Board?

Playing a team with no established stars meant that the full forward line suffered the most. But if we're trying to build a solid team starting from defence then yesterday we were able to see:

- who can find that extra few seconds on the ball by dopping the shoulder or stepping left or right
- who can anticipate a team mates move and play the ball into his run
- who can complete the most percentage of passes
- who can stop his opponent most often

So all a bit depressing, but a valuable exercise all the same.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

Quote from: Donagh on January 07, 2008, 05:15:27 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2008, 05:01:31 PM

The club must have made a bomb yesterday. As well as the usual mass dodgers, the bar was bunged from early doors with people getting in before they were asked to pay. 

I usually complain about the fact that there is no student rates at certain Armagh games particularly in the McKenna cup but yesterday was quite different.  Me and my brother went into pay and my brother said one adult and one student and the man said that will be a fiver total please.  He charged the guys behind us 7 each, so it seems the Ulster Council have gotten their act together and are paying students to attend matches.  That being said I would needed to have been paid yesterday.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mackers

Don't think the 7 quid should have been a major surprise, sure that was the cost last year.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

The programme was a bit of a polished turd.