Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Putting this up early just to make sure that the game (on Saturday 16th Feb) is being played in Fitzgerald Stadium, so that appropriate arrangements can be made, if any of the Kerry folk could enlighten me please. Go raibh maith agat.

Oh! And of course we'll whip their asses  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Baile an tuaigh

This game should be very exiting. Looking forward to listening into Weeshie Fogarty on Kerry radio. His expertise and comentry should complament the match. I read somewhere recently, that Tyrone have beaten Kerry six out of the last seven meetings. It seem's a bit lob sided for two closely matched teams. Is there any statistician who could fill us in with the details?

ONeill

NFL 2007 - DRAW
NFL 2006 - TYRONE BY 2
SFC 2005 - TYRONE BY 3
NFL 2005 - KERRY BY 6
NFL 2004 - TYRONE BY 1
SFC 2003 - TYRONE BY 5
NFL 2003 - TYRONE BY 2
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SuperDooperCooper

Would only be too happy to give you recommendations on accommodation in Killarney but if the game is scheduled for Saturday evening it is more than likely on in Tralee as Killarney does not have floodlight. Killarney would be a far nicer town to go in however.
Hopefully some of our minors from 04/05/06 will get a run in the early part of the league with the old warriors resting their limbs for the battles ahead. Mind you it's hardly fair that Tyrone have to come to Kerry for a second year in a row or indeed that we have to go to Donegal again.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Thanks SDC, I was under the misapprehension that Austin Stack's was on the wind-down, what with the relocation of the park itself to further out of the town, but that must be nothing more than a blueprint at the minute perhaps.

Will be interesting indeed to see both line-outs, has Dara O'Sé declared either way for the year ahead yet?

Sláinte.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

It will be a great honour for you to play the back to back AI champions in the home
of football. Please dont block our driveways with ye're horse and carts, ok.

Puckoon

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 05, 2008, 10:09:39 PM
It will be a great honour for you to play the back to back AI champions in the home
of football. Please dont block our driveways with ye're horse and carts, ok.

Driveways? :o Come off it now Mike Sheehy! Driveways indeed.

ziggysego

Can I park my romany caravan in your garden Mike?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 05, 2008, 09:41:18 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 05, 2008, 07:17:25 PM
SFC 2003 - TYRONE BY 5

0-13 to 0-6  ;).

Sorry about that. For some reason 12-7 jumped into my head.

Was thinking, won't Kerry be wile pissed off if we notch 5 McKennas in a row, eclipsing their failed and humiliating efforts at 5-in-a-row in 1982
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Will the celebrating still be on thst day ? Maybe you'll field a reserve side Mike !  ;D ;D :o 8) ???

Mike Sheehy

Yes, We will probably field a reserve side to lull you into a false sense of security for the summer. Having won in Killarney
you will then be c**k a hoop and go on a rampage of facile wins (not to mention the McKenna cup 5-in-a-row). In reality
you should play it cute but ye just cant help ye'reselves as your fans bay for more, building up to a crescendo of hyperbole
before ye, once again, crash out in the quarters or even the qualfiers. There will then be a big push against Mickey harte
by his many enemies in the county and Frank McGuigan will be installed as trainer on $40K a week as club Tyrone do a
brisk trade in their own grandmothers in order to reclaim past glories. Frank wont be able to take the pressure and will
eventually be replaced by Art McRory and the cycle of disillusionment will start again as fellas in the bar will be wondering what
happened to those Minors that never made it to senior and cursing those Kerry hoors who just keep winning AI and fooling
themselves that its all because Munster is so "easy".

So, in a nutshell, ye'd be much better off to take it easy and lose in Killarney. Your entire future is at stake.

Kerry Mike

Cooper to miss National League - Handy game for Tyrone...

Kerry's 2008 National Football League hopes have suffered a major blow with the news that Colm 'Gooch' Cooper is to spend next spring in the US.

Cooper, who was recently rumoured to be planning a trip to Australia, will instead travel to the US and will miss the National League campaign as a result. But he plans to return home in time for the Kingdom's opening defence of their Munster title against either Waterford or Clare in June.

The brilliant forward said: "If I need to come home a little early I'll do that.

"Pat O'Shea is fine about it, but I don't want to be playing catch-up in terms of fitness when we're heading into the championship. It's not ideal to be doing extra preparatory work in the summer.

"From a purely football point of view, I don't feel fatigued. It's not a question of being burned out: the drive is still there for me.

"It's more a personal welfare decision. There is a life outside of football, and I need to sample a bit of it for a while.

"I'm only 24, and I'm heading into my seventh inter-county season, with 2003, when we were beaten in the (All-Ireland) semi-final the shortest season so far."

Both Declan O'Sullivan and Paul Galvin clearly benefited from their time away from football in Australia earlier this year, and Kerry fans will be hoping that Cooper will also return home feeling refreshed ahead of the county's bid for a third All-Ireland on the trot.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 07, 2008, 07:36:24 PM
Cooper to miss National League - Handy game for Tyrone...

But he plans to return home in time for the Kingdom's opening defence of their Munster title against either Waterford or Clare in June.

Hardly much point in him coming home for a Munster game against either Waterford or Clare now. Tell him he's ok for another few weeks after that.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 07, 2008, 07:50:32 PM
Hardly much point in him coming home for a Munster game against either Waterford or Clare now. Tell him he's ok for another few weeks after that.

Shure d'extra training would be handy. He'll probably put on a couple of stone in America.
KERRY 3:7