The 2008 US Election thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

orangeman

How with all the security was he heckled during his speech ?

carribbear

Quote from: Declan on September 05, 2008, 07:40:16 AM
QuoteObamas ideas are a flashback to the days of robin hood...or Zimbabwe in modern times. Very scary.

Jesus - If this is the level of thinking out there it'll be great craic till November

You should listen to Obama's pastor and his sermons to get the real scoop on what the thinking is. Look up reverend jeremiah wright. Eventually Obama had to disown him as his sermons became headline news on tv and were damaging his campaign.

Declan

QuoteYou should listen to Obama's pastor and his sermons to get the real scoop on what the thinking is

Well aware of him just as I am of Palin's "pastor's" views. Thought the best comment i've heard so far came from Newt Gingrich who said if the election was going to be about usual politics everyone knows that Obama and Biden would win.   

carribbear

Quote from: Declan on September 05, 2008, 08:49:05 AM
QuoteYou should listen to Obama's pastor and his sermons to get the real scoop on what the thinking is

Well aware of him just as I am of Palin's "pastor's" views. Thought the best comment i've heard so far came from Newt Gingrich who said if the election was going to be about usual politics everyone knows that Obama and Biden would win.   

It's like watching the 2008 Champions League Final, you want both of them to lose...

magpie seanie

I'm still in a state of shock at McCain's VP choice. America is some place.

Gabriel_Hurl

Hardy

... and possessor of nuclear weapons. And of course the only country ever to have used them.

Imagine that crazy gun woman in charge of the red button.

Tyrones own

QuoteImagine that crazy gun woman in charge of the red button.

:D simply because she's a member of the NRA.  Ba :D
   CNN are hiring people with that type thought process ::)

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: carribbear on September 05, 2008, 08:25:33 AM
Quote from: Declan on September 05, 2008, 07:40:16 AM
QuoteObamas ideas are a flashback to the days of robin hood...or Zimbabwe in modern times. Very scary.

Jesus - If this is the level of thinking out there it'll be great craic till November

You should listen to Obama's pastor and his sermons to get the real scoop on what the thinking is. Look up reverend jeremiah wright. Eventually Obama had to disown him as his sermons became headline news on tv and were damaging his campaign.

Is is possible to attend a service and not agree with everything, or even to leave afterwards with your ability to think for yourself intact?

Come to think of it this is American politics we are talking about. Thinking is is something some one else does for you.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

QuoteIs is possible to attend a service and not agree with everything, or even to leave afterwards with your ability to think for yourself intact?

One could argue that but then couple it with his association with Mr. Bill Ayers and co and it does give it a little more credence
to questioning his under lying beliefs. :o
  - Walter Lippmann

magpie seanie

Yes, Obama is indeed the boogey-man. Well spotted Tyrones Own.  ::)

Tyrones own

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2008, 08:54:55 PM
Yes, Obama is indeed the boogey-man. Well spotted Tyrones Own.  ::)

Thank you....and this one line condesending retort that adds absolutely nothing to
the discussion reveals the obviously educated on the subject, literary genius that you are Seany ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

dec

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 05, 2008, 06:05:39 PM
QuoteIs is possible to attend a service and not agree with everything, or even to leave afterwards with your ability to think for yourself intact?

One could argue that but then couple it with his association with Mr. Bill Ayers and co and it does give it a little more credence
to questioning his under lying beliefs. :o
How is Fox News these days?

magpie seanie

Any association with Bill Ayers is tenuos at best and trying to intimate they have similar views is just ridiculous. Typical scaremongering. I'm fully aware of the Rev Wright controvery and the mastery with which Obama handled it.

Obviously you are not convinced so please enlighten me - what are these "underlying beliefs" that Obama is keeping secret?

Tyrones own

QuoteHow is Fox News these days?

Tut Tut...*shakes head* OK Fox news is to blame, seems to be the way out of a lot of things nowadays ::)
where do ye boys get your factual news anyway? maybe I too could see the light :-\

QuoteAny association with Bill Ayers is tenuos at best and trying to intimate they have similar views is just ridiculous. Typical scaremongering

Where or when did i mention comparing views, my point is that to have anything at all to do with such a person speaks volumes for
a man running for President, well to me anyway, someone who's actually willing and able to think for myself.
Did any of ye even bother to research they're dealings or would that not suit the agenda that evidently exists on this board :-X

QuoteI'm fully aware of the Rev Wright controvery and the mastery with which Obama handled it

You're joking right?  are you that naive to think that through Obama's mastery we've heard the last of Wright or Ayers for that matter.
Sure he condoned and stood by him for a number of weeks till he finally realized that the great Rev was simply not going to stop using Obama as a soap
box from which to spout his hatred for this country, then and only then did Obama disassociate himself from it.... surely his judgement comes into play
here in that after years of sitting in a pew listening to this bile that should Wright surface, Obama would have to nip it in the bud immediately... this simply wasn't the case!
I hope thats not the mastery that you speak of :D.
The only difference in Wright and Ayers was that The Rev only talked about what should be done... Ayers actually did it
then regretted that they didn't do enough :o .....Nice fella alright >:(

Quotewhat are these "underlying beliefs" that Obama is keeping secret?

Read above paragraph....for a start anyway, I don't have the time to be educating you lads
turn off CNN and try to become aware of what's actually going on around you ;)
I'll ask again as it's pertinent to my understanding of all views, please do fill me in to where you
boys get your news and facts?

- Walter Lippmann