The 2008 US Election thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

Lecale2

It's getting dirty now with Hilary's team playing the race/Islamic card. I said early on that neither Clinton or Obama could win and I'm more convinced of that now.

McCain is an old man past his prime but he's not some right wing religious nut, his name isn't Clinton and he is not a black person from an Islamic background.  He will gather the middle ground before either Democart can and if he says very little between now and November he will win easily. It's his to lose no matter who the Democrates choose.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7263783.stm

stephenite

Arjun Ramachandran
February 26, 2008 - 9:13AM

A US man stabbed his relative after an argument over the presidential credentials of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Brothers-in-law Jose Ortiz and Sean Shurelds were arguing about the fiery contest for the Democratic nomination for president at their Pennsylvania home when the dispute escalated into violence, US broadcaster CBS said.

US authorities said Ortiz, a registered Republican and Clinton supporter, allegedly stabbed Mr Shurelds, an Obama supporter, in the stomach, CBS said.

Mr Shurelds was flown to hospital and was in a critical condition. Ortiz was jailed and, if convicted of a crime, will be unable to vote in the election next year, the broadcaster said.

The contest between Senator Obama and Senator Clinton has been on a knife edge, and in recent days each candidate has accused the other of using shameful campaign tactics.

AZOffaly

Quote from: stephenite on February 25, 2008, 11:40:21 PM
Arjun Ramachandran
February 26, 2008 - 9:13AM

A US man stabbed his relative after an argument over the presidential credentials of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

QuoteThe contest between Senator Obama and Senator Clinton has been on a knife edge, and in recent days each candidate has accused the other of using shameful campaign tactics.

Boom Boom!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: stephenite on February 25, 2008, 11:40:21 PM

US authorities said Ortiz, a registered Republican and Clinton supporter, allegedly stabbed Mr Shurelds, an Obama supporter, in the stomach, CBS said.

Thats a rarity a Republican that supports a Clinton.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

I think Obama can win and hope he does. Read his book there recently and its pretty good stuff.

Mentalman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 02:50:30 PM
Is there another super Tuesday today?

Ohio and Texas today. Clinton really needs to probably win both I think, otherwise a lot of super delegates would be reluctant to go against the grassrooots popular vote come convention time.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

AZOffaly

Quote from: Mentalman on February 28, 2008, 02:44:52 PM

Ohio and Texas today. Clinton really needs to probably win both I think, otherwise a lot of super delegates would be reluctant to go against the grassrooots popular vote come convention time.

Maybe they're all GAA delegates.

Mentalman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2008, 02:47:50 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on February 28, 2008, 02:44:52 PM

Maybe they're all GAA delegates.

:) a definite possibility, especially when there are little fifedoms to be handed out. When it comes to that type of horse trading it will be initeresting will Obama still try to take the higher ground or will the real politic mean that in fact there is no real change.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

DrinkingHarp

they just reported that Hillary won Texas and Ohio.

Huck is out.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Declan

Clinton won the popular vote in Texas but Obama won the caucuses which actually means that he may come out of Texas with more delegates. On it goes

McCain has enough now for the GoP

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

First to 2,025 wins the nomination: 

Barack Obama  won Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington state, Wisconsin 
Total delegates 1,477 Delegates 1,275 Super delegates 202

Hillary Clinton won Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas 
Total delegates 1,391 Delegates 1,150 Super delegates 241

Going right down to the wire.  What are the odds now?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

magickingdom

anyone got figures for the popular vote on the dems side to date?

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 25, 2008, 10:54:25 PM

McCain is an old man past his prime but he's not some right wing religious nut, his name isn't Clinton and he is not a black person from an Islamic background.  He will gather the middle ground before either Democart can and if he says very little between now and November he will win easily. It's his to lose no matter who the Democrates choose.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7263783.stm

Seems to have got very little flak for seeking and receiving the endorsement of that religious nut Hagee. McCain even refused to denounce the endorsement despite Hagee's anti-Catholic bigotry. That's the orange blood I suppose. Obama on the otherhand was asked to denounce the endorsement of Farrakan - which he did.

Seamus

Popular Vote Total ......................................  Obama 12,989,852    Clinton 12,403,174
Popular Vote including Florida.......................... Obama 13,566,066    Clinton 13,274,160
Popular Vote including Florida and Michigan ........Obama 13,566,066    Clinton 13,602,469

Obama will be the next President with Hillary probably as his Vice.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".