The 2008 US Election thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

guy crouchback

QuoteMcCain for President, if it has to be a democrat I hope obama gets the nod, the most articulate and intelligent of all the candidates and if clinton gets it i will be moving back home, the thought of four years and possibly eight years being led by thon would be enough to make me bail out and head back to Armagh.

serious question stew what is the major problem that right wingers in the states have with the clintons. it seems to be an absolutely visceral hatred.

magickingdom

Quote from: guy crouchback on February 05, 2008, 04:40:14 PM
QuoteMcCain for President, if it has to be a democrat I hope obama gets the nod, the most articulate and intelligent of all the candidates and if clinton gets it i will be moving back home, the thought of four years and possibly eight years being led by thon would be enough to make me bail out and head back to Armagh.

serious question stew what is the major problem that right wingers in the states have with the clintons. it seems to be an absolutely visceral hatred.

i asked stew that a while back, still waiting for an answer. what is it about her that drives some people mad is beyond me.

anyway in superbowl week i'm gonna say romney is throwing a hail mary today in the republican side but touchdown hillary on the dems side...

heganboy

6 weeks ago I would have had the house on Clinton for the nomination. But there has been a huge obama groundswell here in the last few weeks that he may 
actually be electable
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magickingdom

anyone know what time results will start coming in? i can doss tomorrow morning if i stay up late tonight..

heganboy

a lot of California has thankfully gone back to paper voting so it is likely to be wed evening
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

dec

Quote from: magickingdom on February 05, 2008, 09:14:46 PM
anyone know what time results will start coming in? i can doss tomorrow morning if i stay up late tonight..
You'll get exit poll results as soon as the polls close, and in most states you will get precinct by precinct results without having to wait for the whole state to report.

AZOffaly

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on February 05, 2008, 09:14:46 PM

BBC reckons the first results will start coming in at about midnight.

Over the Bar

The US media are tastefully referring to it was Tsunami Tuesday.   Filthy yank press.

stephenite

David McKeown

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 05, 2008, 09:57:02 PM
The US media are tastefully referring to it was Tsunami Tuesday.   Filthy yank press.

Back when I was working in the democratic party we referred to it as super duper Tuesday because of the largest than normal number of states reporting.  Have heard that a few different places since but it never really seemed to stick
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magickingdom

thanks guys just realised cnn are doing it for the night, no work for me tomorrow :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

magickingdom

TacadoirArdMhacha

Obama projected to take Illinnois and Georgia

Clinton projected to take Oaklahoma, Arkansaw, Tennesse

No projections from CNN for 7 states for Democrats.

McCain projected to take Connecticut, Illinois, Delaware and New Jersey

Romney projected to take Massachusetts

Hasn't realised till tonight how important the "super delegates" might be for the Democrats. The elected officials may make the decision if the primaries finish tonight.

Also looks like Huckabee and Romney might cut each other's throats and hand McCain the nomination. Looks like McCain is doing very well amongst the "anti-Bush" Republicans.

All seems very tight at the minute though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead