Any good iPod deals about lads?

Started by Our Nail Loney, January 03, 2008, 05:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Well have just decided I wanna get an Ipod, am sick of all my mates having one and not me! Plus have been working full time hours over xmas so have a bit of spare cash and better spend it before I try to gamble it!

Any good deals or good websites that give good deals?

Cheers in advance.

Tempoman

Ive had a creative Zen xtra for a few years, and recently got an ipod for a crimbo present, so obviously i want to transfer all my music over, which is about 11,000 songs.
Does anyone know if you can transfer the music directly from one to another. I was trying for ages last nite and i couldnt find a way???

Our Nail Loney

Minder

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 03, 2008, 05:24:04 PM
Well have just decided I wanna get an Ipod, am sick of all my mates having one and not me! Plus have been working full time hours over xmas so have a bit of spare cash and better spend it before I try to gamble it!

Any good deals or good websites that give good deals?

Cheers in advance.

You will find that most places sell the ipod at fairly similar prices, you may save a few quid by shopping around but the pricing is fairly standard for the newer ones anyway.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

Aye flicked thru a few sites ended up getting the classic black one off Amazon, 80-gig memory for 144quid.

Done now so no matter!

Minder

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 03, 2008, 09:58:06 PM
Aye flicked thru a few sites ended up getting the classic black one off Amazon, 80-gig memory for 144quid.

Done now so no matter!

Well make sure you get a cover for it as they get scratched just from looking at it ! I wouldnt even take it out of the box until you have the cover.

Main Street

Quote from: Tempoman on January 03, 2008, 05:29:45 PM
Ive had a creative Zen xtra for a few years, and recently got an ipod for a crimbo present, so obviously i want to transfer all my music over, which is about 11,000 songs.
Does anyone know if you can transfer the music directly from one to another. I was trying for ages last nite and i couldnt find a way???
You can only transfer music to the iPod in iTunes.
First install iTunes then connect your iPod and mate it to your iTunes.

Connect your Zen (listen to the sound of one hand clapping), check your manual on how to transfer music from your Zen to your hard drive  and transfer the music to your hard drive.
All the info should be in the chapter "organizing your music"
If you haven´t got the manual, get it online.

Then transfer that music on your hard drive over to iTunes (drag and drop the whole lot in one go directly into the open application on your desktop) and then you can copy it to your iPod.
When you copy it into iTunes it will be copied onto the iTunes music folder in documents (Windows) or in Music (Mac)

Then you can delete the stuff you transferred to the hard drive from the Zen.

Our Nail Loney

Yeah I'll have to get a cover, suppose you can get them cheap enough in any music shop?

How much would a set of good speakers set ya back? Have seen them from like fifteen or twenty all the way up to about a hundred, would there be much difference?

Minder

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 03, 2008, 10:20:19 PM
Yeah I'll have to get a cover, suppose you can get them cheap enough in any music shop?

How much would a set of good speakers set ya back? Have seen them from like fifteen or twenty all the way up to about a hundred, would there be much difference?

You will get a cover on Amazon or Play.com, they will have a far bigger selection than any shop.

Tempoman

Have to say i really liked the zen, it was nice a easy to use, and transfering music was a doddle, ive had it for about 4 years hence all the music ive got. The fiance got me the ipod, but if  i would have been buying it meself i prob would have stayed with the zen.

It sounds like its goin to be a real pain in the hole transferring all my music over to the ipod. I thought i would have been able to transfer from one player to the other, but looks like im goin to have to put it onto my computer, then onto the ipod.

westmayo

It's not really a pain transfering it just very time consuming waiting for it to go onto the computer and then for it to convert it to AAC on itunes.

nifan

Quote from: Main Street on January 03, 2008, 10:08:21 PM
You can only transfer music to the iPod in iTunes.

Ive never used itunes with my iPod.
I use linux primarily so use amarok or the like, and there are other alternatives on other OS's

Main Street

Quote from: westmayo on January 04, 2008, 03:29:48 PM
It's not really a pain transfering it just very time consuming waiting for it to go onto the computer and then for it to convert it to AAC on itunes.
If the music is already converted to mp3 format then you do not have to wait any longer that it physically takes the files to be copied. There is no furthur decoding to be done in iTunes.

Main Street

Quote from: nifan on January 04, 2008, 03:44:39 PM
Ive never used itunes with my iPod.
I use linux primarily so use amarok or the like, and there are other alternatives on other OS's
I haven´t a clue about Linux, so my statement falls at the first fence. Users seem very happy with Amorok.
I use the iPod on a Mac with iTunes.
I like iTunes and use it with Lame to decode and sort out playlists.

The key for me for any computer jukebox is the quality of the sound output of the computer. I can have optical sound output from the Mac to my Amp and direct the sound to output through my quality speakers.