The Big Freeze!!!!

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Here's our next 5 days - the numbers in red are the high temperature for the day

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Gabriel

Is that the airport that that Air Canada flight took off from with the pilot that went bananas?

Wee weather update for us liver-lillied ones at home - here's hoping norn iron's transport 'infrastructure' collapses overnight:

Today:
Some sunny spells but also plenty of showers, these turning increasingly wintry with snow and local blizzards on hills, some snow possible to low ground for a time. Strong to gale force westerly winds, occasionally severe gale force this afternoon. Maximum temperature 6 °C.

Tonight:
Showers turn increasingly to snow overnight, perhaps merging to give a longer spell of snow. Lying snow drifting in the strong to gale force, occasionally severe gale force, northwesterly winds. Minimum temperature 0 °C.

Friday 1 February:
Bitterly cold with frequent, occasionally heavy snow showers with some significant accumulations expected, the snow drifting in the strong to gale force northwesterly wind. The showers should become lighter later. Maximum temperature 4 °C.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Red Ranger

100% work from home day Friday then.  ;)

Aerlik

Stephenite, I wish it was 33C here.  It hit 56C here two weeks ago.  That's shade temperature.   Mind you I'm only 20mins flight time from Marble Bar, the Marble Bar.  Thank God I didn't have to fly that day. The hottest I ever experienced was 63C in the Goldfields but in the open sun on a bitumen airstrip back in 2003

The Aussies always say to me how can you stick the cold, well, I say to them it's easier to heat up than to cool down.  But anything below -5C is the exception.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

FL/MAYO

It stays about 97degrees Fahrenheit (36C) here in Florida during the summer but the humidity is a killer as it zaps your energy away, it is just horrible.

But now it is 75 (25C) not a cloud in the sky, all the doors and window are open, its just beautiful, not bad for the end of January.  ;D ;D

new devil

Was in Florida 2 weeks ago it was pissing it down although didn't see much of the weather

Minder

Quote from: new devil on January 31, 2008, 03:49:57 PM
Was in Florida 2 weeks ago it was pissing it down although didn't see much of the weather

You are going to have to stay out of the knocking shops Devil.....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Yea i wish thats what it was  :-\

FL/MAYO

Quote from: new devil on January 31, 2008, 03:49:57 PM

Were were you? here we had 10 inches of rain in 3 hours one evening a couple of weeks ago the roads were like rivers, unusual for winter. The weather is unpredictable in January but from February to May it is usually dry.

new devil

Orlando...Sanford airport to be precise

Square Ball

wheres the snow? not in Belfast anyway!!!

is there any anywhere?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

An Fear Rua

Personally Im praying for snow. In this part of england, ive seen frost twice this year and no snow what so ever. At least if we get some this week the planet isnt completely fucked...
Its Grim up North

Onlooker

There was a fall of snow here in South Tipperary this morning.  Most of it has thawed by now, but it is still on the higher ground.  Surprised that Belfast had no snow, when we had it this far south.   Must be something to do with all the hot air coming from the players' strike in Cork!!!.

AZOffaly

Savage bit of snow in Newport, Tipp, as well. It looked like a scene from up at home (Offaly) 20 years ago. Lovely to see, but the roads were a bit dicey. I'd say there was 3-4 inches accumulated on my car this morning.

Then when I hit Finnegan's roundabout in Limerick it was like a switch was turned off. Gone. Green fields again with a bare hint of snow.

Gabriel_Hurl

5 inches in 3 hours this morning  ;D