Started by Hurler on the Bitch, January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

ziggysego

Elvis is King of the Dogs!
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Quote from: Puckoon on January 05, 2008, 06:46:20 AM
Thats a whole other story TO... a whole nother story. I did wear a frank chism elvis jumpsuit on stage once, but we will leave it at that. :D

Anyways, Id rather feed my avatar than yours!

Havnt been to graceland, but its on the bucket list.

Frank Chism, Oh my God, seen him a load of times in the Abercorn many many years ago,  is he still alive?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Guys

early weather warning for snow on Friday, bring it on, off work for two days to use up leave

ziggysego

I'm fed up with all the snow warnings. They're never as bad as predicted.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

ziggysego

Damn, was hoping to go to the game on Saturday night.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

I am hoping for the snow to keep me in, got a promotion board to do first thing on Monday so I need to stay in and do a wee bit of work for it.

Gold

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: stew on January 02, 2008, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 08:26:46 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM
Met a guy today who told me that the weather in the next few days will be like 1963. He says that every year though, not that I can recall 1963. We really have it too easy here with that old tropical wind etc. Over on the continent or New York, now that is really cold at this moment. Met a guy who brought his Missus to Prague in November and couldn't walk 20 yards through fear of freezing to death. It's all balls here (warm ones) - we don't know what a winter is. The worst one I remember is 1979 .. football pools panel (who?) sitting every Saturday - matches postponed 30 times etc. They say we need a good old winter here to kill off them wasps / rats etc, but I don't think we're gonna get it this year. Can anyone recall the last decent snow we had here? (Please don't suggest that global warming bollix)

I was in Prague in the middle of November and didn't find it any colder than Ireland..
Coldest place i ever was,was at a match in St James Park in Newcastle,England one November,I thought i was never gonna get the feeling back into my feet or hands,And there was some hard bastard Geordie in front of me wearing flip flops and a short sleeved Newcastle jersey

If Newcastle is the coldest place you have ever been in you have not travelled much. Where I live the weather was a sunny 10 fareinheit yesterday and by midnight the temp had dropped to -10 with a wind chill of -20. To copmpare Newcastle with that kind of temperature is laughable.

By the way. Prague is far colder than Newcastle, London or any other place in Engerland.

Prague may well be colder i never said it wasn't but i didn't find it that cold when i was there,and that's all i said.Im not saying Newcastle is the coldest place on earth i just remember that being as cold as i have ever felt..
Where or when did i compare Newcastle to other city's or where you live ??? I find it strange that you think it's laughable when i never made these comments,i was just giving a personal view of something i experienced..
And actually I  have travelled all over the world but mainly to hotter countries like Australia,Thailand,Vietnam,Singapore,Brazil,South Africa,Dubai,Egypt to name a few so less of the attitude please

i was in prague after christmas and i couldnt even begn to explain how cold it was

but i'll try!

the second i stepped out of the airport to get in a taxi i said to the woman--do u feel that--its strange but i thought my face was gonna be burnt off with the cold--its just like a wall of heat in spain or turkey etc in the summer hanging over you only its a wall of cold--i would have paid anyone 1million Krona for a pair of long johns--i had 5 layers on constantly but couldnt enjoy myself it was that cold--even during the day you could hardly shop or stroll round the sights

great city but cold to the bone--i could walk about in a t-shirt back here no bother all winter as its nothing compared to Prague--its hard to describe but my advice is never to go in that direction in winter!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gabriel_Hurl

Jesus lads - 10cm of snow - whatever will ya's do?  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

stephenite

I'm sweltering here in a temp of 33; not built for this kind of weather. I'd love a bit of snow

Puckoon

Im ready for 101 again. Constant snow this past 14 days. Miserable when it melts and everything is salted.

youbetterbelieveit

Yep its 30 degree here and as the man says '' I am sweating like a paedophile in a Barney suit!''

Hereiam

Don't get ur hopes up for a good fall of snow. Havin looked at a few charts its not going to count for much with the rain coming in from the west on sunday evening and with this the temperatures will rising again. Its going to be cold for a few days but thats it. The days of the snow falling and lying for a few days seem to be at an end for now anyway.

armaghniac

There might be a fair amount of snow in the North-West, and Friday will be goolie freezer, but it won't last.

QuoteThe days of the snow falling and lying for a few days seem to be at an end for now anyway.

it's the faster pace of life nowadays, the oul fella used to tell us about how snow would stay for weeks, now it has to move on!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B