Laptop's and Data Projectors???

Started by balladmaker, January 02, 2008, 01:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Maybe some of those more technically minded could help me with this please?

I have been using my laptop with a data projector for some time now with no issues.  As long as the data projector is connected before booting the laptop, the laptop always recognised the projector with no issues. 

However, I now have a problem.  Upon booting up the laptop, the projector kicks in as normal and shows the windows XP startup etc., however whenever it gets as far as going to the desktop, the projector then goes blue screen and says 'No Input'.

I've tried inputs 1 & 2 with the same problem.  I cannot get the projector to display anything beyond the startup stuff.  I've done the usual FN / F4 toggle, with no success.

Since this started, I've noticed that when the projector is displaying the windows startup, there are a few lines jumping across the screen almost the same as interference on a TV. 

I'm wondering has a video card or graphics card or something else packed in on the laptop. 

Would anyone have any ideas?  Currently trying to get the use of a second laptop to see if it works.

Thanks in advance!

ardmhachaabu

Difficult to say... Try fiddling with the resolution of the screen from windows
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

David McKeown

Try right clicking on your desktop go to properties, change resolution to 800 by 600 and then see if it identifies two monitors there.  If it does you should be able to chose the one which displays.  Also trick clicking extend my windows desktop to see if that helps
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Bud Wiser

"start"  "control panel"   System Restore ?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"