The Greatest Non GAA Sporting Moment, EVER!

Started by Rufus T Firefly, December 09, 2006, 01:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I'm a Liverpool fan, but Michael Thomas' goal in the last minute of the '88-'89 season to win the league has got to be up there. What a way to win the league!

"It's all up for grabs now!"

TORGAEL

The greatest non gaa sporting moment for me was Eamonn Coughlan winning the 5000m at the world athletics championships in 1983. The smile on his face as he came round the last bend was a joy to behold.

maddog

Stephen Roche completes the treble of Giro D'italia, Tour de france, and World Championship all in one year, only ever done before by Eddy Merckx.

rosnarun

hail to the cheif!
how can you better england v germany 1938

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ludermor

Didnt ireland do the same thing the following year?

johnneycool

dubnut

whats up with that picture it looks like Ashley Cole was painted on!

GaillimhIarthair

Michael Kiernans dropped goal v England at Lansdowne Rd in 1985 to win the Triple Crown.  Absolute Magic and has to be up there with some of the greatest sporting moments.  Apologies for not including a picture of same...........................

Evil Genius

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ultachna

2004, Manchester City beat rivals Manchester Utd 4-1, 2004
yeh i know the result at the weekend but still was sweet at the time, started off a great paddys weekend if i can recall and ireland beat england in the 6 nations the week before, watched the rugby in the union in liverpool, some craic

ziggysego

For me, it was when Ireland beat England in the 6 Nations in 2004. I was in a traditional England pub, in Brentwood, Essex. Surrounded by the English taunting about the Fortress Twickenham. I just waited, for a knew my moment would come.... and it did. ;)
Testing Accessibility

Croí na hÉireann

Of all the live non GAA games I've been at this was the one that gave me the most goosebumps...

France - Ireland in the Stade De France is a close second...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me