Play on Windsor Park sectarianism heading to Dublin

Started by T Fearon, January 01, 2008, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 03, 2008, 08:37:59 PM
Absolutely incredible to think that a man of such genius can only use such a post in his defence.  A couple of things about the poster (if he exists):
That letter is about as real as a "consumers" product endorsement letter.
It's so corny, to accept it, one would have to totally suspend disbelief.

I´d imagine that if nationalists were inclined to feel something about the NI soccer team, attend and support, then they would demand changes to the flag and the feckin God Save the Queen. Then again i´d imagine that they are not too pushed about being a Northern Irelander or a 6 county Ulster person so they don´t involve themselves.

TFearon

Two points here. The Bald one went to the event with an open mind (in addition to a slap head ;D) open to the idea of supporting this team yet firmly at the end of he experience declared he wouldn't be back. Is FFA or the claim that everyone is welcome at Windsor Park not therefore myths?

Also be wary of "Celtic supporters, Parish Priests, Cardinals,or Benedict himself posting of their conversions to OWC on OWC Website. Be sure that this is some dyed in the (blue) wool OWCer taking the piss. A few weeks ago in the Telegraph after a particularly scathing attack on OWC in the letters column (not by me). The very next day "Seamus from Ardoyne" texted in to rubbish the letter and explain that him and all his Ardoyne mates were North of Ireland fans who never miss a game etc. How authentic do you think this might be? No me neither

nifan

"the bald one" went to the game with an open mind as to what he might find, im pretty sure he never claimed that he would come out of the experience a full fledged NI fan.

As you have been told before FFA is allowing those who want to come to NI games to come enjoy the experience. Oneil was not intimidated, enjoyed the experience and would happily be back to windsor, though he was not and is not a NI fan so he isnt going to be back to specifically support us.

The Watcher Pat

A few of my friends from work go to all the N.I games and they are dead on decent fella's. Not that i have ever been to Windsor park...On T.V there seems to be a good "party" atmosphere in the ground but...watching a match on TV 2-3 mths ago when "god save the queen" was being played you could clearly hear "No Surrender" being chanted during a break in the music....Now I don't know if that was just a few people shouting that were close to the microphone or it was a large section of the crowd but personally I would not want to put myself in the position to find out..So enjoy your matches lads and i do genuinely hope that it will change...but for me I will continue to follow the boy's in Green and cant wait until the match in Dublin and we BEAT Brazil.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

MW

Vintage Tony here...

Quote from: T Fearon on January 03, 2008, 07:21:02 PM
The bald one clearly intimates that he was intimidated and won't be back

When O'Neill actually said...

QuoteI didn't feel intimidated

Classic stuff, Tony, keep 'em coming :D