2008 - Your predictions

Started by stephenite, January 01, 2008, 05:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

2008 is upon us, hard to know how Counties will fare at this early stage but for a bit of craic call your provincial and All Ireland Champions

Football

Connacht - Roscommon
Leinster - Meath
Munster - Kerry
Ulster - Derry

All Ireland - Kerry

Hurling

Don't know enough about to be honest, I'll go for Waterford to win Liam

Barney

Happy New Year all.

Well Stephenite you certainly started the year off on a bright note with talk of Ros and the Nestor Cup. I reckon your wrong, but it is going to be a very tough and frustrating season for the green and red. Galway still have the better quality forwards and should be good enough to claim the cup.

I think Dublin are head and shoulders above everyone in Leinster. If Meath can get to a final against them they will give them a good game but I do not believe the Royals are as good as people think they are. Will be interesting to see how McGeeney inspires Kildare. But the Dubs keep the Cup.

Cork and Kerry in Pairc Ui Chaoimh will be another win for the Kingdom.

Up North Monaghan have to grasp the opportunity especially with Armagh in transition. I don't think they will. Donegal have the talent, will their heads be right? Derry have underachieved for too long and will probably do so again this year. Tyrone for me.

So semi-finals sees a Connacht/Munster and Leinster/Ulster split.

Galway/Qualifier v Kerry/Qualifier and Dublin/Qualifier v Tyrone/Qualifier.

Dublin and Kerry are the two best teams in the country. Kerry are the best by a country mile and will do the three in a row.

Rossfan

Football -
Connacht  - Mayo
Leinster -   Meath
Munster -  Kerry
Ulster - take your pick from Donegal/Derry/Tyrone/Monaghan/Armagh but Tyrone for me if they want it enough.
All Ireland - hope i'm wrong but at this stage it's hard to see past Kerry

Hurling -
  like a previous poster I dont know enough about it - but
Munster -Tipp
Leinster - who else but the Cats
All Ireland - Hope it's Waterford
C Ring - Ros
N Rackard - Armagh

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Think I'll wait till after the league to put forward any predictions. Nice to see people putting Meath in for Leinster, but its all down to how this team matures and learns from last year and if any more talent can come onto the panel. The last game of the league should be very interesting Meath vs Dublin in mid-April. The starting panels may be figured out by then and if both teams are in a competitive place in the table might be an early taste of whats to come. But nobodies in a situation in Leinster where they cant be beaten.

Hard to see anyone beating Kerry, which is a pity.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DUBSFORSAM1

Leinster - Dublin to win comfortably
Munster - Kerry to win comfortably
Connacht - Mayo to struggle through
Ulster - Tyrone on the basis that they will get players back and have the easier draw

Kerry v's Dublin final - hopefully Dublin to get the rub of the green this year and win but Kerry favourites

Leinster - Kilkenny
Munster - Waterford

Hopefully a Kilkenny Waterford final and may the best team win....

carnaross

Munster - Kerry
Leinster - Dublin
Connacht - Galway
Ulster - Tyrone

As for the All-Ireland, Tyrone of course, but watch for Galway, could be dark horses?

Hurling, don't follow too closely, but I would like to see a Clare v Waterford final. I think it would be a boost for the game if a so-called unfancied county won the All-Ireland.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Silky

Football -
Connacht  - Mayo
Leinster -   Dublin
Munster -  Kerry
Ulster - Derry
All Ireland - Kerry

Hurling -

Munster -Tipp
Leinster - Kilkenny
All Ireland - Waterford
C Ring - Down
N Rackard - Armagh

GalwayBayBoy

Football

Connacht - Galway to pip Mayo in the final although it's Mayo's turn
Leinster -  De Durty Dubs
Munster - Kerry
Ulster - Tyrone

All-Ireland -  Kerry

Hurling

Munster - Waterford
Leinster - Kilkenny

All-Ireland  - Kilkenny

Star Spangler

Football
Connacht - Galway
Leinster - Meath
Munster - Cork
Ulster - Tyrone
All Ireland - Cork

J70

Can't see anyone other than Kerry and Dublin for Munster and Leinster. Kerry should win the whole thing. They might even finally take Tyrone this year! :D

Who knows in Ulster and Connacht? Galway or Mayo are obviously the perennial favourites in the west, but the others aren't that far away from them.

People always tip Donegal, with the qualification that we get our attitude sorted, but we just never seem to actually do that! We've still got a problem at midfield, while many fans are losing patience with the inconsistency of Devenney and McFadden up front. I'm not sure we have the options available to get us through when we're struggling in those areas, so I don't forsee us winning Ulster. I'd be happy enough with a run through to the quarter finals or maybe, given a favourable draw, even an AI semi.

Tyrone and Armagh will be about as always, but Tyrone in particular will be looking at the bigger prize. The interesting teams will be Derry and Monaghan, to see if they can build on last years improvements. I fancy us to surprise Derry again though.

ziggysego

Football

Connacht - Mayo
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Ulster - Derry

All-Ireland - Tyrone

Hurling

Don't know alot about Hurling, but I'll say Waterford.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Football

Connacht - Mayo
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Ulster - Tyrone

All-Ireland - Kerry

Hurling 

Connacht - Galway
Leinster - Kilkenny
Munster - Cork
Ulster - Antrim

All-Ireland - Kilkenny

Would love to see a shock or two, but not expecting many. Too many big teams still fighting with an awful lot to prove and aim for.

ardmhachaabu

Football
Connacht - Galway
Leinster -  Dublin
Munster - Cork
Ulster - Armagh

All-Ireland - Kerry/Tyrone/Dublin/Armagh - i think it will be a lot closer than it was last year (barring injuries)

Hurling
Connacht - Galway
Leinster - Kilkenny
Munster - Cork
Ulster - Antrim

All-Ireland Kilkenny
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

FL/MAYO

Connaught - Mayo
Ulster - Monaghan
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork

All Ireland Final - Tyrone, best team in Ulster if they can avoid the injuries and the only team that might beat Kerry in the final. Two back door teams in the final Tyrone and Kerry.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 01, 2008, 07:22:46 PM
Connaught - Mayo
Ulster - Monaghan
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry

All Ireland Final - Tyrone, best team in Ulster if they can avoid the injuries and the only team that might beat Kerry in the final. Two back door teams in the final Tyrone and Kerry.

On the basis of performances 3 years ago I take it???