New Years Resolution.

Started by Zapatista, December 23, 2007, 04:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

It's the 4.40am on the Sunday before Christmas. I'm at work and am still a little drunk from last night. I had a fight with my girlfriend, I puked in the kitchen, I told no end of people I loved them and others I hate them, I made a fool of myself on the dance floor, I have no memory of what happened between 10pm and 3.30am, I found it very difficult to get out of bed, my head hurts, I feel sick in my stomach, I'm not insured to be here should anything go wrong. But, all this is OK. I don't mind any of it. What has me pissed off is the fact that I smoked about 20 cigarettes in the space of three hours. I have difficulty breathing and I have a horrible taste in my mouth on top of my well planned hangover.

I want to quit! It is my semi-drunken vow to you that I will quit smoking. This is my New Years resolution. Who's with me?

stephenite

I am - fags are getting knocked on the head this coming year after 15 odd years. First time I will ever attempt it ::)

Zapatista

Good man stephenite you are now my Wing Man.

Quiting easier than you think I've done it loads of times.

DrinkingHarp

I made a New Years Resolution 6 years ago -  No More Resolutions, I have stuck to it like clock work.

If you need a "special day" to change or improve personal habbits then you better take a good look in the mirror.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Claw

stew

More exercise and lose a bit of weight.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Positive pints is going to get out of the rut he's stuck in and make some major changes so that he won't be thinking this time next year "that's another year of life wasted".

Negative pints is just going to try and survive. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

john mcgill

Zapatista

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 23, 2007, 08:44:07 AM

If you need a "special day" to change or improve personal habbits then you better take a good look in the mirror.

Why is that?

I think if it helps then I think it's a good thing. It makes it easier when you set a target and have the support of others doing it together.

Zapatista

Quote from: stephenite on December 23, 2007, 06:52:07 AM
I am - fags are getting knocked on the head this coming year after 15 odd years. First time I will ever attempt it ::)

Are you still with me stephenite?

nifan

make some use out of the gym membership i pay for - havent been near the place in months!

ziggysego

Take more chances in my life, rather than the safe road.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nifan on January 02, 2008, 03:41:33 PM
make some use out of the gym membership i pay for - havent been near the place in months!

Yeah same here...€90 a month and i haven't used it since July....  :-[
Also im finally gonna finish me back garden it's like a knackers yard at the moment  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

well

anyone who gave up the fags how is it going?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on January 02, 2008, 04:12:22 PM
well

anyone who gave up the fags how is it going?

The girl from work give up last night.
Testing Accessibility